Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hit waves boat died

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mtguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hit waves boat died
    Posted: August-11-2017 at 7:05pm
The boat has been running great since I put in new LP fuel pump earlier in the summer. Ski 5+ days a week. Today, took some runs with my wife and then helped tow a friend a very short distance. On way back home (~15 min. boat ride) we ran into a bunch of tuber wakes. I was going slow, maybe 15MPH, and it was as if I hit the kill switch. Couldn't hear full pump when tried to restart. Spent a few minutes looking for a loose wire...even undid kill switch and put back. Nothing obvious. After about 5 minutes, I tried to start her, could hear the full pump and she started right up. Ran great back to dock.
Any ideas? I'm gone tomorrow and the wife is taking the "girls" out to ski. Don't want it to happen to them without me there (to paddle) (lol)
~Pete
'95 SN

'53 Hutchuck

'56 Essaness Craft
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 9:45pm
You might want to change the FP relay. They are not expensive. Search the site & you can find the generic part #.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
mtguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 12:30pm
Thanks, will do.
Couldn't get it to replicate the problem, so relay makes sense.
'95 SN

'53 Hutchuck

'56 Essaness Craft
mtguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2017 at 3:53pm
Boat is still running great and not reproducing the problem (thankfully)... Think I'll get the relay anyways... NAPA is most convenient for me, Has anyone had problems with the part #AR174 FP relay from NAPA? If not, I'll drive into town and get one in the next day or two.
Thanks again.
~Pete
'95 SN

'53 Hutchuck

'56 Essaness Craft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic