Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCM thermostat housing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RichieG66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichieG66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCM thermostat housing
    Posted: August-11-2017 at 11:02pm
I am looking for a upper and lower thermostat housing for a PCM 351. I cant find them for sale online anywhere! the few i have found are out of stock!

parts or info you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 11:11pm
Can only find them used from someone parting out an engine/boat. If you see one don't hesitate,they go fast. Very disappointed PCM discontinued them in salt water boats they are a wear item. I was going to say get a fresh water system for it,they use different parts but then I saw this on a site- Pleasurecraft Marine Ford Fresh Water Cooling Kits are no longer available as of August, 2016. I guess PCM,a Correct Craft company does not want your business- and you wonder why you see so many outboards in salt water
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
RichieG66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichieG66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 11:17pm
thanks very much. its too bad someone like sierra or a company like them doesnt make one
Mountain Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 2:25pm
Richie:

Here is a link to a post from FishtheClassic, Shamrock owners forum that is less than 5 days old wanting to sell 351 PCM parts.

Good luck!

Steve

http://www.shamrockboatownersclub.com/forums/threads/351-pcm-parts-for-sale.40768/

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 2:36pm
Fresh water parts are different from raw water parts but it might be worth his time to convert it over
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 2:37pm
If you can't find the housings and you still have the old ones in need of repair, I've have great results withDevcon epoxies. Scroll down to the surface fillers. I used plenty of it to build up pump housings that were eroded from cavitation. If the fill requires machining, check the type for machinability.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 2:39pm
You could go to Classicshamrocks.com too and check there. Quickfix (Jerry) might have something laying around. Trouble is many of those are saltwater guy's and may have stuff in the same condition as you have.
With saltwater parts Pete you have to have something to start with. You can't get the salt out of the casting,it always weeps. I had an stock intake manifold that Dad took off the Shamrock when he brought it up here. It was fine when he took it off otherwise he would not have kept it. I went to use it 20 years later,not much left.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2017 at 1:40am
I have one- I spoke with the PCM rep and he told me the castings were lost. A foundry went out of business and the upper and lower cast were either lost or destroyed. That is why they have been discontinued. Same thing with the 454 exhaust elbows. I told him I had one and he freaked out. Off a 1984 fresh water only motor.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

With saltwater parts Pete you have to have something to start with. .

Gary,
Sorry I didn't think about the salt water since it wasn't mentioned but now see his location so the chances are high.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic