Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Skier

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
auldie 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auldie 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Skier
    Posted: August-15-2017 at 5:57pm
I have a 1964 16' American Skier powered with the original in-line six. The boat needs to be re-powered or motor rebuilt. Does anyone know where I can get engines details from 1964?
geoff
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 6:11pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
auldie 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auldie 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 6:36pm
thanks for the link to the manuals but at this point I wouldn't know which one to buy
geoff
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 7:00pm
The one for models 144,170 and 200 those are the cubic inch sizes of a 6 cylinder Ford.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
BlakelyMarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlakelyMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 5:09pm
I have one of these engines completely disassembled and cleaned, it is a fine specimen for a rebuild. Fresh water boat. Also have an original rebuilt side draft carburetor that is ready to go on something. original manifolds, oil pan, transmission that is in excellent shape. The hull was thrashed although the engine was always kept under cover, and operable when removed. I have all kinds of parts for a 1963 American Skier. Just DM me for my contact info if you are looking for anything in particular.
auldie 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auldie 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 5:28pm
Thank you so much. What do you mean completely disassembled. I'm not a master mechanic. I'm hoping to re-power my American skier with something. It runs but has a real bad knock. An expert told me it sounds like a bearing or bent rod. Not sure what to do next. I'm hoping to find a complete replacement motor.
geoff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic