Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1993 Ski Nautique parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
flyfishdelta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishdelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1993 Ski Nautique parts
    Posted: August-23-2017 at 8:10pm
I have one of the "rare 1993 Ski Nautique's and have had a great deal of issues identifying part numbers for replacement. having searched high and low for cross reference information, emailing the mfg, speaking with mechanics, part manufacturers... I thought I would start listing known replacement parts in one location for the future "fly" to find easily.
This boat was a rescue, motor was seized, the haul in decent shape, carpet is gone, vinal good. A very thoughtful friend gave it to my son and now he and I have the father/son project "of a lifetime?"
We removed the valve covers, plugs and the exhaust manifold, soaked the carb, and pistons with tranny fluid, marvel... she now turns.

I have the 5.8 Liter reverse rotation (1-8-7-3-6-2-4-5) motor with the 1:1 transmission
OEM Starter: (very difficult to locate the original part number) RA122002 (this is the CCW starter)
Aftermarket: Arco 70201

I'm looking for the correct exhaust manifold gaskets next, if you know the correct one's please feel free to add. I hope to complete this list as I move forward, but I just ordered my starter.

Fly
1993 project -now-
1993 ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 8:15pm
Steve,
I'm glad you found us and joined the site. Now, you will not have any problems finding not so hard to find parts!

Welcome to CCfan. We love pictures and always ask for them.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 8:35pm
Welcome to the forum and by all means post pictures.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 10:08pm
Steve, You are not the only 93 that has the reverse rotation engine and 1:1 on this site, I believe Brian (BRI892001) also has a similar bare bones model.   They are pretty boats!   

on the Exhaust gaskets, SKI dim would have them readily available, as would Nautique parts. (banner on top of page if you have trouble finding them)
. I am assuming that your engine is a ford 351W , but a model number would clear that up pretty quickly.   The Reverse rotation engines are common to the 88 and earlier Nautiques so that isn't rare in the least, just not as common as standard rotation in the model year you have.

Welcome to the site! read read read, and you'll probably find some new friends along the way.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

Steve, You are not the only 93 that has the reverse rotation engine and 1:1 on this site, I believe Brian (BRI892001) also has a similar bare bones model.   They are pretty boats!   

Yup, I do. Thanks, I originally bought it because it was more affordable than most 93+ boats I had seen, but I've come to really appreciate it.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 10:57pm
Just go to any auto parts store and get exhaust gaskets for a Ford 351 there's no difference between a righty and a lefty for the exhaust. Way cheaper than the places mentioned above.
Just so you know it's not that rare.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 11:26pm
Here are a bunch of part numbers for PCM engines printed in 1998 so your 93 stuff is in there

parts manual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishdelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 2:59pm
Hi folks, thanks for all the input...
My boat engine model number is PRD-PR-R10 run searches all over with little to no help. so I guess I should have joined this forum earlier. it seems to be a rare combination for that model/ year and thats why I had so many issues, couldn't find the original parts numbers to cross reference. so many of you post the details about the standard rotation with the 1.123:1 tranny, it gets a bit confusing when you have power train differences.... in the same model year.

I really do appreciate all the help. the starter arrives tomorrow, so I hope this thing will run this weekend.

fly

Fly
1993 project -now-
1993 ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishdelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 2:59pm
sorry about the pic, guys the format changed on the upload

Fly
1993 project -now-
1993 ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishdelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 4:54pm
I found a partial list like this before, but not a complete doc. Thanks You so much, this would have saved me a week.

Fly
Fly
1993 project -now-
1993 ski Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2017 at 11:07pm

You need one of the PCM secret decoder rings to decipher your tag. It would tell you the following

P- Pleasurecraft
R- Right hand rotation engine
D- 351 Ford (std output)
P- PCM transmission
R- Reverse or reduction gear (this one's a little confusing because it says "reverse or reduction gear" but it means you have a straight inboard transmission
R- Right Hand propeller
10-it's a 1 to 1 transmission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishdelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 5:26pm
I also found this on Saturday, the engine type D means it's a standard motor @ 240 HP, I looked at the heads and I have 2 bars not 3 so I guess I didn't get the GT40 heads. Bummer. but I'm sure it will have enough power.

Thanks Keno, and to all, the mystery boat is starting to reveal itself.

Fly
Fly
1993 project -now-
1993 ski Nautique
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2017 at 5:39pm
Welcome to club '93! I have a "normal" rotation boat, but I know of a boat just like yours on my lake (Lake Stevens in Washington). They are cool little machines. I think that Art informed us the factory called them "Scrappy" Ski Nautiques. Stripped down, bare bones, hard core ski machines in 1993. A good idea that many of us wish was still in vogue at Nautique today! Congrats on the boat. What parts do you need? Carpet on your boat is pretty easy. Cut it a bit big, lay it in the boat, trim, and then start gluing it in sections. I was really nervous when I did mine but it turned out to be pretty forgiving and simple to do. -Kevin
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2017 at 6:01pm
Not all boats that received the RH/1:1 powertrains in the mid 90's were true "scrappy" boats (aka Nautique "Standard"). Those were legit no frill boats with reduced gelcoat colors, less vinyl (coaming pads, motorbox, back seat, etc). We have encountered enough "normal" optioned boats with RH/1:1 (including some pro boss) to surmise that the "power plus" package must have been an option- though it was checked a lot more often than it wasn't.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2017 at 8:50pm
I wonder how many boats are ordered vs built for just a dealer or as in the old days one of the distribution centers. I guess that maybe with price of them now that none are built on speculation?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 6:18pm
So - we need more photos to identify your boat! Show us what the inside looks like.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishdelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 9:02pm
looks just like yours :-)

except not as clean,   when I get it running, I'll add some more pics, it was left unattended for a couple of years.

S
Fly
1993 project -now-
1993 ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 10:11pm
If you only knew-- Post up a link to your project Kevin. It's a poster child as to what can be done.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 5:22pm
Oh, I hate to brag but.... You can watch the journey unfold at my blog,
KRoundy's Boat Blog

Here's what I started with:

It was a beat-up ski school boat with cracks in the floor, a miss-matched engine cover and oh yeah, it had no engine. Or trailer. I stripped it bare and built it back up. It was an amazing journey I never could have completed without all my friends here at CCF!

Kevin

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 5:51pm
Kevin,
You're not bragging! All the hard work you put into the boat sure shows. Looks fantastic! I enjoyed going through your blog except for the tubing part. Now to get to that pesky trans leak.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 6:06pm
Flyfish, are you in Discovery Bay? Photo of boat in water appears to be DB.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Kevin,
Now to get to that pesky trans leak.

We should figure out who was building trans in 1993. I have seen numerous posts, videos, etc. where the leak is on an original trans with a bad gasket install. My 93 has 700 hours and leaks; but, I'm not ready to tear into it. - Fred
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 3:15pm
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. I too have a 1993 SN, 351W, with the 1;1 transmission. I would say they were anything BUT a bare bones SN. I've put in about a years worth of "work" on my boat to get it to where it is today. They are great boats. Here are a few pics of my 93. The first one is the day we picked it up...worn,scratched faded gelcoat, inside was tired as well.   Last two pics AFTER I put a TON of "arm work" into the gel coat, and interior. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 3:16pm
No trans. leak in mine..and she has almost 1800 hours on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishdelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 6:37pm
recognize the place???

Sure am, looks like we have a lot of SN's in the neigborhood.
fly

Fly
1993 project -now-
1993 ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishdelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 6:39pm
Nice, boats, Thanks Guys...

Fly
1993 project -now-
1993 ski Nautique
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 7:51pm
Nice boats, I know it takes a lot of work to bring one back to like new. But it sure is rewarding just messing with boats.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 5:31pm
I've solved that transmission leak problem. Art helped walk me through it. It's had two summers of leak-free use now, so I think I licked it.

I can't control what my family has been doing with the boat in Montana (I live in WA state). I keep saying things to my dad like, "Why don't you teach them to ski?" But since I'm not there I just keep trying with suggestions. My nephew learned to wakeboard a few years ago and has been getting better. His little sister is 12 or 13 now, so it is really time for her to do something besides tube too! Every year when I get the boat they try to give me that tube and I say, "No, you can keep it here, thanks." I own zero tubes, Pete!!!
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 5:35pm
Also - next thing to work on is removing all the old graphics on the side. One side says, "Ski Nautiqul" because the upper portion of the "E" is missing. I need to get those off, remove or repair some scratches in the gelcote, and then install new graphics.

And I can't get the speed pickup to work on the Perfect Pass.

And I can't get the depth finder to work properly.

And I need to see why my fuel gauge still isn't working 100%.

And I want to do the 1993 Dashboard Grounding upgrade.

And.....
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 6:07pm
I'd be willing to put money on it, that MOST of your electrical issues will be due to poor grounding, and inadequate gauge wire for both Hot and Ground wires. Do yourself a HUGE favor, take the time, pull your dash off, install a new grounding block behind it, run a new heavy gauge ground and hot wire from the engine up to the dash...and then ground ALL of your gauges and instruments to the new grounding block.   I was freaked out with the task, when I opened my dash, but slowly went one by one, and redid everything, and I have a perfectly functioning dash now because of it.   Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic