NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with GMC Camera Plug

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with GMC Camera Plug
    Posted: August-24-2017 at 12:19am
I have been striking out locally, so I thought I would ask the help of the best internet searchers I know ......

I am trying to build a backup camera extension to allow me to tie in a factory tailgate backup camera onto our truck camper. Anyone who has seen me launch the Barefoot knows I can use the visual help!

I need a male and female plug to create a 2-foot extension which would fit into the truck's rear harness junction box over the spare tire under the bed. I have the camera end and I need to track down a male and female plug that will connect to it.

I am told the plug is proprietary and cannot be gotten. I was also told that the pins are GMC specific and the wire gauge that connects to it matters but they too are proprietary and cannot be gotten. HOGWASH, I say!

I cannot undo the harness under the truck, but the wires going into each pin of the plug are 1.25 mm in diameter (including insulation). The vitals for the truck are:
2015 GMC Sierra 3500.

Below is a picture of the plug that connects the camera to the truck. I need to extend this by about 2 feet with the proper plugs. Can anyone help me track this down? Thanks in advance! 2 dealers and 2 truck accessory places said it couldn't be done............They don't know this group of fellas!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 12:21am
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 12:22am
Closeup of the plug needed and I need its mate........................

Click For Full-Size Image.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 1:02am
How about contacting these guys and talking to them?

link

Maybe they can tell you what the male part# is. minimum of 4 but only a buck and a quarter each you'll have extras
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 1:11am
How about this the one click on picture on the left shows both sides of the plug
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 8:31pm
Thanks, Gary - We'll see. Bit of a gamble. No exact numbers matching but connectors who "look" similar.... At 4 each connector minimum and 50 each pin minimums..... I have my fingers crossed.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 8:37pm
I found it by Googleing the number that is on your plug.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic