NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reuion Updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Lake Reuion Updates
    Posted: August-02-2006 at 10:49pm
The weather was defenitly nice. How did this get on the second page already?

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 11:36am
Lots of great shots in the water for sure.... The weather could not have been nicer !!!!

Moj'
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 10:11am
Bump.

Just had to move this back to the top. Too far down for me to keep looking for the pics while I am at work. What a great time.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 4:24pm
20 bones. Now I have to dig around and find the thing.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 3:37pm
Better just pay up....Barney Fife might remember your rig next year

BTW, how much was it?.. just out of curiousity. That was the strangest boat ramp that I've ever seen. No designated turn around area, and hardly any parking.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 12:18pm
you have to pay it they will send you a reminder in time and notify your state BMV/license agency to suspend your license for failure to pay.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 7:04am
Quick bump here... I didn't want to start a new thread about my silly parking ticket but I seriously do need some advice... I think I may have thrown it away already assuming I didn't have to pay it.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Hollywood,

Is that restrainig order off already?       

Nope, good point. Sorry Quinner, you probably shouldn't go back. I "accidentally" gave her your name.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 1:17pm
Random question: I got a parking ticket at the ramp in GL because I was in the "vehicle only" section instead of the "Vehicle + Trailer" section. Do I pay the ticket, or is this one of those instances where I don't have to pay it since I am out of state?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 12:02pm
Hollywood,

Is that restrainig order off already?       
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 10:11am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

We'd be up for another weekend later in the summer , maybe labor day or later give me a buzz, we'll bring the steaks this time.

I wouldn't mind coming back later this season either. I've got some unfinished business up there. I'm pretty sure Quinner is down too...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 11:51pm
Dude!!!!!!! you didn't get their numbers??????? how are you going to meet them to exchange the tower flags for the chair?????

Sorry to hear about the chair that sucks big time.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 7:51pm
Quinner...That really sucks man. Where was the boat at when that happened? I covered mine each night at the GL inn. Like Alan, I left everything in mine except the wakeboard and ski, but my boom, all the vests, etc were still in there. The hotel I was at didn't have much parking either, but there was enough room for the boat and trailer....just off to the side where there wasn't any light. I would have never thought someone would've ripped me off......seems like too nice of a town. I guess that goes to show....trust no one.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 6:54pm
Just an inconvienence, obviously the weekend was amazing! The slip was available, just not the parking.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Mojo- I had no idea there would be no parking until I arrived Friday night (who would assume that- after all, I had reserved a lift there, so they knew I had a boat since January) and had no idea where your house was at that time. One of my friends lives on Hwy A just down the road so I was able to park there one of the nights. Oakwood was very nice, but their parking lot does not hold many vehicles. I think a parking spot is not much to ask for and it was pretty dissapointing to arrive there and figure out that I couldn't leave my boat at the actual place I was renting. Because of that, I couldn't drive around without my boat attached the whole weekend. I had to get a ride from one of the kids at the OL to the Goose Blind on Friday(very nice kid!). The family that owns the Oakwood has multiple cars that are all in that lot too. My brother drove me around the rest of the weekend, so thank goodness he was there. If someone wants to stay at the OL, there's nothing wrong with it, just don't expect to have your boat there too. Might be no problem for some folks, but it's a huge problem for me.

M3,
I certainly empathize with what you and 62Wood experienced, and yes, the parking is certianly difficult with trailers there !!! I apologize for making mention of it before the event..
If you had a slip rented from the Oakwood people and it wasn't available when you got there I would really have pitched a bitch with them if not ask for a complete refund !!... Regardless, yes, you had every right to expect parking at the least.. Most of these hotels are small up there and with the 30 boats that were supposed to come, I'm sure it would have been worse. Since I did not hear of anyone having a major problem, I never made any announcements for help in this area.
As Alan has mentioned, we can open a forum up after the season and work out the bugs for next year with your comments and suggestions... I hope the parking issue didn't ruin your weekend afterall.
Moj'
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 5:02pm
M3Fan,

Sorry to hear about the parking issues but we will learn from everyones experiences and make next year better. I plan on starting a new thread for the 07 reunion after labor day when things settle down a bit. We'd like to get everyone's feedback good or bad so we can work on issues like this and make the next one even better. I've got a list of things that we can do to improve but we'll tackle that later.

I really want to see you get that course in the water next year and I've got a spot thats sheltered even with a little wind so we'll get together and make it happen.

Quinner,
I had no idea you got ripped off, that sucks big time. I left my boat in the water the entire weekend over at the campground, I pulled the wakeboards out but left everything else in it including my boom and maybe got lucky but I had no problem. That crap doesn't seem to fit the area up there, the whole town looks kinda tame so I 'm really surprised.

Anyway, we'll start a new thread in september, enlist some new help and get this thing going. I'm in all the way and most of the sponsors I've talked to are in in also. Only 11 monthes to go.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 4:35pm
Mojo- I had no idea there would be no parking until I arrived Friday night (who would assume that- after all, I had reserved a lift there, so they knew I had a boat since January) and had no idea where your house was at that time. One of my friends lives on Hwy A just down the road so I was able to park there one of the nights. Oakwood was very nice, but their parking lot does not hold many vehicles. I think a parking spot is not much to ask for and it was pretty dissapointing to arrive there and figure out that I couldn't leave my boat at the actual place I was renting. Because of that, I couldn't drive around without my boat attached the whole weekend. I had to get a ride from one of the kids at the OL to the Goose Blind on Friday(very nice kid!). The family that owns the Oakwood has multiple cars that are all in that lot too. My brother drove me around the rest of the weekend, so thank goodness he was there. If someone wants to stay at the OL, there's nothing wrong with it, just don't expect to have your boat there too. Might be no problem for some folks, but it's a huge problem for me.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 4:09pm
M3.... Not to bring it up again now, but I mentioned to everyone before leaving, on multiple occasions, that if anyone needed additional space for parking, that people could have used my driveway (enough room for 4 rigs) and my next door neighbor's two empty grass lots next to my house to leave their rigs.....

I realize the apprehension on all of your guy's parts to leave the boats in awkward places, so I did make mention and would have helped anyone whom asked for a better place to park. The Oakwood BNB is a very nice place to stay in my opinion and I recommend rethinking your boycott.. We'll handle the parking if it is an issue for anyone staying there next year (that is if the event stays in GL of course)..

Quinner's experience is one I have never heard of before in the 9 years I've boated in GL. I leave all my gear in the slip uncovered and have never had an issue with transient boaters tying up there... "There's always a bad egg out there doing harm to others". This is one of the reasons we have insurance.. Unfortunate, but true...

Moj'
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Hey Moj,

I still cannot believe someone swiped my Air Chair , pretty gutsy considering we where all what, 40 yards from the boats the whole time? Probably one of them darn FIB's!

CQ

That makes me feel a little better about being worried about my rig at GL. It was PACKED with gear, including the entire slalom course, multiple slalom skis, tricks, wetsuits, neo life jackets, etc etc etc, and there was NO PARKING at the Oakwood Lodge. None. 62 Wood and I had to park our rigs down the street on the side of the road which was just ridiculous. Keep this in mind for next year- say no to the Oakwood just because of the parking situation.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Hey Moj,

I still cannot believe someone swiped my Air Chair , pretty gutsy considering we where all what, 40 yards from the boats the whole time? Probably one of them darn FIB's!

CQ

Absolute BS for sure..... Insurance will help recover some of the costs right???

Moj'
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 2:47pm
Hey Moj,

CQ
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 12:12pm
Thanks again Alan !!! Anytime you feel like coming up, just drop me a line !!! I love steaks and beer. Then again, that pig sure was tasty !!!!!
Yes, we had a great week up there.And yes, I could have used a couple more days, but then reality sets in sometime !!.
I tuned the Tique and it ran very well (even through a monsoon rain storm, which had the bilge running overtime, and the kids screaming)....

Moj'

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 11:47am
Mojo,

Glad to see you made it back, thought you might stay up there for good.

We'd be up for another weekend later in the summer , maybe labor day or later give me a buzz, we'll bring the steaks this time.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 11:34am
Quinner, no problem my man... With the crew you brought, the magnificent boat you have and the 44DD "Mooring whips" you were a hit !!! hahahaha

Sorry about the Air Chair!!!! Seriously, that's just not right !!!!

Moj'
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 11:16am
Hey, wait a minute now, apparantly no one realized Hollywood was wearing my name tag all weekend.

Ken, you definitely need to make a weekend of it next year, we busted it up pretty good every night.

Moj, I will definitely be making my reservation at the Lakeside under a different name next year, Hollywood perhaps!
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Green Lake has changed forever (Thanks to Quinner hahahaha)

What went on after we left????? Dang! I knew we should have brought the RV and stayed anyway!
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 8:15am
Hey everyone.... Just got back from my week long stay (at my pool)!!!hahaha... Ran the hell out of the Tique all week and had a blast!! What a fantastic time right ?? Man what great pics, great comments, super , super people !!!

Keith, you and your "pop" are great people !! It was a pleasure helping you.. Glad you made it out. Green Lake has changed forever (Thanks to Quinner hahahaha)

Anyway, it was my pleasure !!! Really. Thanks to everyone who attended !! Bigger, next year??? Ohh I think that's a given.. My wife and family are ready too.. They had a great time..

Hell, we don't have to wait until next year to do this again... Let's get the boats together again in a couple weeks???????

Oh yeah, And the Tique is for sale since the "Cute" comments started flying hahaha

OK, back to work.. I need to "Dry out" !!!

Moj

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2006 at 12:13am
Keith,
Once again a BIG THANKYOU for this site! None of this would have been possible without it!

Also, thanks to you and your father for taking the time to come to Green Lake! I think everyone was expecting a great time, but it exceeded our expectations!

The pics are awesome!...now where do we sign for the 2nd annual CCF reunion?!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2006 at 7:51pm
Great job Keith! Many thanks to you...hope the NE trip goes well for all...have a great time!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2006 at 6:31pm
Keith

What great pics!!!! Definitely a reminder of the great time had by all!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic