NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who can tell me about this?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who can tell me about this?
    Posted: August-29-2017 at 8:05pm

My neighbor who teaches the shop classes at our high school told me I can have it. Don't really know what it is.
1972 Mustang
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2017 at 8:22pm
Take it put it on ebay someone will want it. Much like a 2001 Nautique it most likely from the 70's and dated to look advanced. Used in garages for tuneups you would connect it up,it would tell you dwell etc and on that screen would show you how each cylinder was firing via an oscilloscope.I wouldn't mind a couple of those stools either
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2017 at 8:23pm
If you Google Sun 2001 diagnostic computer you'll come up with some info.

Basically it could tell you everything you wanted to know about the state of tune of a points equipped engine.

Back when gas stations did tuneups and had these things Pete's hair was most likely a different color than it is now.

There are people that will pay quite a nice price for one of those machines, as much for nostalgic reasons as compared to really using it.

If it works and you have room for it..............I'd jump on it
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2017 at 8:25pm
I see you're pretty fast or at least faster than me today Gary
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2017 at 10:01pm
My hunt and peck typing skills are improving
Over the years I've been in many gas stations working but never noticed when they quit using them. The last one I really remember was my best man's dad had in his station,and that had to be in the late 70's. I wonder what they cost back in the day
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2017 at 11:47pm
I've found that getting the Sun into a boat is always a problem!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2017 at 12:08am
I think thats why tubes were invented
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2017 at 1:23am
It Says "2001" on it.   Does this equate to being manufactured in 1982 ?

I too like the guitar stools.   I'm currently building a gas-powered stool-kart.   That's why I need the old rudder ball-stud -(ackermann steering)

But yes Justin, grab it.   It might be collectable in 20 years.
Keep it....from sinkin'
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2017 at 10:18am
The stools must have been in every shop classroom in the country! Classic.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2017 at 11:48am
If you really want to feel good about yourself. take it . sell it on ebay and surprise him with half the money
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2017 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

If you really want to feel good about yourself. take it . sell it on ebay and surprise him with half the money

I have seen them come up for sale every now and then in the $200 range... I wouldn't kick one out of my shop at that cost, but I wouldn't go get one either.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 1:07pm
We had one in our shop at school. It was a great machine in it's day. We were told back then that it cost 20,000. Don't know if it was true, but it was a neat machine to use.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by fgroce fgroce wrote:

We had one in our shop at school.   

Frank,
I go back to when we had to tune an engine the hard way which was mostly by ear. No Sun 2001's back in high school and even in my collage days!. BTW, I have a feeling that both Ken and Al learned the hard way too!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I go back to when we had to tune an engine the hard way which was mostly by ear. No Sun 2001's back in high school and even in my collage days!.     

Come on Pete, I know you had a dwell meter and a timing light. (Probably was one of those timing lights with a red bulb that you had to close the hood over you to see.) And don't forget your feeler gauge set.

And it was "college", not collage
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 11:28pm
Dwell meter,timing light ?? Pete and Kettering invented those after they invented points
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 10:34am
Here is my poor mans Sun Unit. circa 1970
Sears, Roebuck Super Automotive Analyzer   

Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 10:56am
Those are so freakin cool. I roll with a 70s Snap-on dwell meter. Use a modern digital timing light though, Easier to hook up and check tachometers with the modern timing light while driving the boat.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 11:15am
Here's my Sunn from '70.

Keep it....from sinkin'
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 11:38am
Does it go to eleven
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 3:09pm
"Eleven...... that's one more than ten!"
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2017 at 3:03pm
Finally going to bring it home today, took the top part off so it’s easier for my friends and I to put on my dads trailer. Plugged it in and everything seems to work, besides the main computer in the middle. The switch is missing so I’ll have to see what I can do with that.
1972 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic