NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yet More "Upgrades"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2018 at 2:58am
Thanks. As it happens, I'm in the process of a 3/4 ?? restoration right now - well, resto-mod - and there are several other additions and modifications happening this winter/ spring. I was going to wait a year or so, but due to some surprises, I had to push it up quite a bit. Posting progress and pics in another post.

As far as the stereo lights go, no they aren't dimmable and none of the dash lights either. It wouldn't take much to install a dimmer switch though if needed.

I too wish they still made the red insert - all black is a bit boring. But all new rub rail is later this spring or summer so if that's all I can get ....
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2018 at 10:47am
I bet the hidden side of your red rubrail cord is in far better condition... if you do go the complete new rubrail path... get it here:
uniflex 92033

you probably will not need dimmer for the instrument gauges... just the radio. Or do what I did for the first 5 years and throw a towel over the dash at nite.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2018 at 12:24pm
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I chose blue LED"s for the dash lights- much softer light that is night friendly, didn't have a choice with the stereo. I never opened the case to see if it was possible to swap the bulb, but my guess is no.

Thanks for the rub rail link - I was hoping by the time I finally bought the replacements they'd start manufacturing the center bead in colors again.
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2018 at 5:01pm
My rub rail should be the same as yours. I have the black rubber with a red insert.
After an accident I thought mine would need replacement.
It had scratches in it and the red was burned black in a couple spots.
I actually sanded the black and the red lightly. Then used rubbing compound and finally polishing compound and it took out all the scratches and made it look brand new again.
This was a pleasant surprize for me. I thought I would need total replacement.
Maybe yours will buff up and look good.
I should add that mine had very little time outside so the rubber and insert were still pliable and like new for the most part other than the accident.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic