NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rescue Tique goin under the knife.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rescue Tique goin under the knife.
    Posted: September-22-2017 at 10:35pm
Heres the begining stages of teardown.

“Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes.” ― Harry S. Truman
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 2:04pm
So since when has CC had two layers of glass? Check out the hull sides.
This one is gona be interesting to say the least, there is absoulutly nothing left to pattern by.
“Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes.” ― Harry S. Truman
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 2:47pm
This boat rotted because of poor coverage of glass,
Check out the lack of glass on the port main..
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 5:00pm
Best of luck to you. You've got quite a project on your hands. Love the pix. Keep 'em coming.
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 6:53pm
Wow. You dont waste any time do you. Hull looked pretty good in the first pics you posted, I was surprised to see how ragged out the interior was....plus the destroyed stringers.   Have fun with the project. Keep us posted.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 7:04pm
My goodness! That's quite a project. Good luck and have fun
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 7:16pm
So how about all those coleman lanterns?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 10:43pm
Ha ha. Thats only half of them. Im a hoarder of classic coleman stuff too. Lol. Good eye!
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 10:51pm
The hull and running gear is the only thing that made me move forward..I ought to be shot honestly, this thing is bad. So bad I will have to refer back to my first stringer job on my other Tique for main and secondary stringer deminsions.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2017 at 12:39am
Originally posted by forvicjr forvicjr wrote:

Ha ha. Thats only half of them. Im a hoarder of classic coleman stuff too ...

Should have been in Wichita a few years back. I seem to recall they were consolidating the main Coleman museum into a smaller space, perhaps to utilize the building and word was they were auctioning off some of the stuff.
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2017 at 10:12pm
Lil more progress....

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2017 at 1:00am
You would be a lot further on the project if you drank better beer.
You're wasting to much time getting rid of all the water if ya know what I mean    
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2017 at 8:11am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

You would be a lot further on the project if you drank better beer.
You're wasting to much time getting rid of all the water if ya know what I mean    

I have to drink tha weak stuff while workin, If I get in my good stash I wouldnt get anything done!
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2017 at 2:25pm
More progress on the Tique

forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2017 at 11:18pm
Just postin an update, I have sanded and buffed the topside not much on the stringers, I run a shop out of the back yard which this boat is sitting in. I had to make casters to roll her out of the way to fit customer cars. Its been slow goin due to all the other work on autos plus the hours that I pull at the dealership. More to come I promise.... Vic...
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2017 at 11:31pm
The gel is coming back great. Just lots more to cut and buff.
And Im still on the hunt for doug fir at the right mousture content.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 1:08am
Looking great on the deck! At this rate you you should have planted a couple of fir's already
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Looking great on the deck! At this rate you you should have planted a couple of fir's already

That's funny!
Keep the pace Vic, she's looking good! The vinyl on the doghouse looks like it can be fixed?
OK, sorry, Gary started it! If I was closer, I would come help, but then again, I'm prone to break things in situation's like this.
Js
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 8:23am
Vic,
The hull sure is looking fantastic! Now, regarding that Doug Fir and your work schedule, I feel this option mentioned awhile back is a good one:
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Vic,
You mentioned you found some at 18%. Think about Paul's idea of stickering it. Band and weigh it and then run gentle warm air across it moving the heater frequently plus flipping the stack. I feel it may only take 3 to 4 weeks to get the 10% out needed.

Keep the heat real low.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 1:38pm
Pete it looks like I will be drying some mains. Been busy so havent been a real priority. We will see, I will refresh all my sources in a week or two and order the best I can get. Thanks Vic...
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2017 at 2:22am
Shes got pushed back again....The Jeep is getting a trans upgrade along with fuel injection,
The burban gettin cam lifters and DOD delete and VVT delete...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic