Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Tique Mufflers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Tique Mufflers
    Posted: October-04-2017 at 11:24am
Hi All,

My Tique just has exhaust tubing with no mufflers. Nice and quiet as long as your not on plane. I would like to add mufflers. Does anyone have any suggestions to what brand is good and what may fit a Ski Tique? searching a few sites I find no mention to a muffler that fits a Tique. Guess to old of boat.... Mine has the Ford 302 motor. What is the longevity of fiberglass vs stainless?

Thx
'79 Ski Tique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2017 at 11:30am
I've got a set that came out of a '78 Tique. They are in good condition. $100 plus shipping for the pair.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2017 at 12:23pm
Tom,
Bruce's offer is a good deal. New Centek mufflers aren't cheap!! If you do look, you need the small diameter to fit between the primary and secondary stringers.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2017 at 3:53pm
I find it rather amusing that the Centec literature says they're supposed to be used above the waterline only.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2017 at 4:03pm
CYA
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

I find it rather amusing that the Centec literature says they're supposed to be used above the waterline only.

I caught that too and the first thing through my mine was their lawyers came up with the clause to reduce their liability.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 12:47am
I bet the Centek literature is written for boats that spend the majority of their time in the water, so keeping the muffler up out of the water (dry) while the boat is at rest. Seeing a ski boat is usually only in the water a few hours at a time I don't think it would compromise the muffler.

Thank you Riley for your offer. I'll be doing a complete strip down and rebuild of the boat and are collecting parts. When working below the waterline I want to use new versus used for safety and comfort of mind.

Thank you for the input.
'79 Ski Tique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 7:29am
Originally posted by 79CC 79CC wrote:

I bet the Centek literature is written for boats that spend the majority of their time in the water, so keeping the muffler up out of the water (dry) while the boat is at rest. Seeing a ski boat is usually only in the water a few hours at a time I don't think it would compromise the muffler..

Tom,
I'm not following you on why you feel Centek mufflers would have problems with water?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

CYA

haven't heard that one since I left the garage for the last time...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 8:37pm
We couldn't be the only ones who used that could we?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 11:10pm
Hmmm...sorry to further hijack the thread, but I'm lost. I don't know if I'm too old, too young or haven't gotten around as much as I thought. But exactly what is CYA?
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 11:19pm
OK, never mind. Google does, in fact, cover just about everything.
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 10:31am
That goes back to when shep was a pup.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic