NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'78 Ski Tique parts needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 3:29pm
Well it sure ain’t a ski Tique.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I am not sure I’ve seen a 78 with trumpets. I like that little original- just looks right.

I like the way you think

samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 8:24pm
Check out pics on our thread. New to me 78 tique. Def a pic of our horn which was original. If it hadn’t been there I would have done horns. The little one we have is funny though. Kind of like comparing a horn on an American car and a euro car.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Susan's 78 Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2018 at 11:43am

I agree...and definitely not like MY Tique!! Ha. Yes, I agree that the little boat needs a little horn. Don't get me wrong, the trumpet horn looks good but it doesn't seem authentic since it's so different than the original horn we had. David, I see you have the same horn - did you find a new replacement or clean the original up?
My '78 Ski Tique Family Boat
Purchased NEW in the summer of '78
Restoring it LIKE NEW for the summer of 2018!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2018 at 3:40pm
OK, I've exhausted all options so I'm reaching out to you all to see if anyone has what i need to complete the vented window mechanisms. I have the gliders and the screws for the windshield, but i don't have the brackets that attach to the FRAME that hold the gliders in place with the moon shaped quadrants? I hope I'm explaining this correctly.
I'll take them in any condition.   

samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2018 at 3:49pm
First: just saw your old post/question. Our horn worked and we just put it back on. No changes except we did replace the threaded studs that were very rusty.

Second: I haven’t studied that part much bc ours are intact but it looks like a piece that could be made fairly easily. I assume the holes from the rivets are already in the windshield. Could bend some metal, drill and tap some holes and attach to windshield with short screws.   Or maybe someone has some.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Susan's 78 Tique Susan's 78 Tique wrote:

I agree...and definitely not like MY Tique!! Ha. Yes, I agree that the little boat needs a little horn. Don't get me wrong, the trumpet horn looks good but it doesn't seem authentic since it's so different than the original horn we had. David, I see you have the same horn - did you find a new replacement or clean the original up?

The horn you pulled off was exactly the same one I had on my 77' Tique. Looks to be original option to me...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2018 at 5:04pm
Susan,
I too was missing vent window parts on my 77. I looked and never found a source so, I ended up fabricating them myself. Maybe you have a friend who's got some metal working talent? The thumb screws I bought from McMaster. They were the plastic knobs with SS threaded studs in them. Rubber washers and rubber grommets are hardware store items.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2018 at 8:48pm
hmm, ok this is not what i wanted to hear but is what i suspected. I will have to work on this once we get our boat in the water. Fun winter project next year!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 12:46pm
Any suggestions on how to make the Motor Box Brackets look'in pretty again? They are past the point of a good polish and they are not replaceable unless someone out there has a good set of the originals I can buy. On that note, anyone know what metal these are? I "thought" they were cast aluminum but they almost look like plated brass!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 12:54pm
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 12:55pm
I think Christines sells those (possibly white lake and n3 also). Yes, they are chrome plated brass- you could have them rechromed but that is usually more costly than replacing .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 1:04pm
The ones that Christines sells are not the same. The originals are MUCH better. I'll try the other options. If not, i'll probably get them rechromed if they are brass. The options on the market don't compare.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 1:28pm
Get back to us if you decide to rechrome,many chrome platers out there,few are reasonable and relatively quick.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Get back to us if you decide to rechrome,many chrome players out there,few are reasonable and relatively quick.

Please, tell me more! I may want to go ahead and get it done now!! I would love a recommendation. I have the parts with me in North Carolina so I can ship them off anywhere - I just want to get an estimate first.
thanks Gary
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 5:35pm
Courtesy Metal Polishing in Villa Park Illinois. They have a web site, I’m on my phone and am challenged to post links from it. I have never had them do anything for under 80 though buts that’s way way less than anyone else. Turn around time has been as less as 2 weeks depending how busy. One guy I used to send parts to had my correct craft side scripts for 4 months and charged me a bundle.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 5:46pm
I'll call them next week. Thank you again Gary!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 6:08pm
Courtesy's prices come down per piece considerably if you send them more than a few pieces, so have everything done at once, although on a Tique, that still isn't very much.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Courtesy's prices come down per piece considerably if you send them more than a few pieces, so have everything done at once, although on a Tique, that still isn't very much.

True-dat. Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2018 at 7:45pm
In search of an "original" stern light base (i have the pole). The wiring is shot in ours and It appears to be difficult to repair.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2018 at 8:48pm
Susan,
The base wiring can be replaced. The receptacle is removed from the base and then you will have access to the wire termination.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2018 at 9:39pm
Have you searched e-bay yet??
Under "vintage Atwood" there is one that looks as though it would clean up very well.
Also new ones that are similar but not exact.
I looked under "stern light base" in boat parts and found
it
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2018 at 10:06pm
Susan if it would help you could have this 10ish year old Atwood if you pay the shipping

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Susan if it would help you could have this 10ish year old Atwood if you pay the shipping

Gary,
Thanks for the offer but I'm going to try to get our original fixed. I actually have a newer on-hand like yours if i need it -- but the original is preferable. Thanks for the offer - much appreciated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Susan,
The base wiring can be replaced. The receptacle is removed from the base and then you will have access to the wire termination.

Thanks Peter - I've been trying to figure it out. The base and the light pole are in great "condition", but both need some electrical work. I've located the replacement wiring for the light pole (Perko Double Contact Bayonet Socket ) and it's a pretty simple DIY. However, I was going to talk to my "electrician expert" about the base. You'll see that the wiring is shot but I would need to remove the receptacle from the base to replace the wiring right? ...but it's not as simple to pull it out of the base as it was for the pole because it appears to be welded in with a pin. Thoughts?

samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 5:30pm
Think you can just solder new wires to those two poles. That is what we did for one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

Think you can just solder new wires to those two poles. That is what we did for one.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 6:50pm
Susan,
The black plastic receptacle is pressed into the metal base from the bottom. You can use a wood dowel small enough to fit between the two brass contact pins to press or tap it out of the metal base. Then you can replace the wires.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

I wouldn't suggest this as the best method. It's going to be hard to clean the brass area down in the hole and then flux it to get a good solder connection on the wires. I'd also be concerned with the heat required damaging the black plastic.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Susan,
I too was missing vent window parts on my 77. I looked and never found a source so, I ended up fabricating them myself. Maybe you have a friend who's got some metal working talent? The thumb screws I bought from McMaster. They were the plastic knobs with SS threaded studs in them. Rubber washers and rubber grommets are hardware store items.

Peter, may I circle back around with you on the windshield vent brackets again? Would you possibly be able to post an image of the finished product on your boat?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic