Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do i find my paint color?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Susan's 78 Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do i find my paint color?
    Posted: October-11-2017 at 7:44pm
I see that the paint used by CC factory was Professional Rust-o-leum and they still make the same colors. Does anyone know who I should contact to find out what our colors our boat has?

I know that they used Rust-o-leum black for the edging/shadowing but i need to find out what the original "brown" coloring was.
My '78 Ski Tique Family Boat
Purchased NEW in the summer of '78
Restoring it LIKE NEW for the summer of 2018!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 8:03pm
Take a trip to your local Ace or anyone else that carries the Rust 0 leum line of oil based enamels. They will have a color chart that's way better than color rendering over the internet.

Also, be patient since there may be a member who knows exactly what the color is. I understand that CC in some cases did mix two colors

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 8:04pm
Looks like the Bronze is real close?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 10:54am
Susan,

You havent asked, so maybe you have sources these already, but while we are on the subject of cleaning up the hull and graphics, you will need a new set of decals for the sides in the rear. They can be purchased here
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 12:32pm
Would you post a pic of your transom graphics?
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 1:41pm
You talking to Susan or me? My Tique was painted a few POs ago and has no transom graphics. The original 76 Tiques had correct craft and "competition ski Trainer" on the transom, but that was only for 76, I believe. After that, it just went to Correct Craft, as I imagine is on yours, tho I didnt notice. Why do you ask? What are you looking for?

samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 4:42pm
Was asking Susan but that pic helps too. Sorry for the confusion. Susan, would you post a pic of yours? I am going to paint correct craft on the back of mine this winter and plan to use the file in the reference section. Just wanted to see Susan's as her paint looks pretty original. Currently mine is vinyl with an aftermarket font.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 5:08pm
Here are a couple examples I found in the diaries.

(Steve Karras's now Dr. Wayne's boat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

You talking to Susan or me? My Tique was painted a few POs ago and has no transom graphics. The original 76 Tiques had correct craft and "competition ski Trainer" on the transom, but that was only for 76, I believe. After that, it just went to Correct Craft, as I imagine is on yours, tho I didnt notice. Why do you ask? What are you looking for?

David, Larry is correct - our '78 does not have "competition ski" on it as seen here. I think Pete is right - the bronze looks pretty darn close.

Larry - I have already ordered the decals and emblems but thank you!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2017 at 4:35pm
Susan,
I'd like to add that if you go shopping and don't find the Rust o leum color in stock, do not have them mix it using their tints. Have them order it for you since factory mixed colors are tinted deeper and the coverage is superior. I found this out back when I was purchasing safety colors for the maintenance department. It would take 2 or sometimes 3 coats of store tinted to produce the same coverage (hiding) compared to factory tinted stock colors. Safety Yellow was the worst!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2017 at 8:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic