NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat just starting to wind

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Shredhead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat just starting to wind
    Posted: July-17-2006 at 1:50pm
My 89 ski has never had any problems with 550 hrs. Yesterday after a hard 4-5 hours of use it started to wind a little while in gear. Does this sound like a tranny problem?
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2006 at 2:18pm
I think you mean "whine", not "wind". Check the fluid level in the transmission.
Shredhead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2006 at 12:25pm
Sorry, I was poorly trying to describe a lower pitched, slow winding sound, almost like you could hear each revolution.   
I check the transmission fluid about once a year and have never changed it. Have I been remiss in my maintenance?

jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2006 at 2:51pm
You should change the fluid once a year. How does it look? Smell?
aquaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2006 at 5:01pm
i use one of those big fluid suckers that you can get from the auto parts store to change mine. you should do it every year. anyone else use one of those to do the fluid change? there might be something better.
89 ski nautique 2001 hull 351 pcm - the world is 2/3's water, have fun in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic