NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally got my boat running better.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
chau8238 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chau8238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally got my boat running better.
    Posted: November-07-2017 at 11:39am
If you remember from my other thread (linked below), I was having some issues with my boat running correctly. Well, I finally figured out the issue, I wasn't getting enough fuel because every time I'd clean the carb or fuel system, there must be varnish in the tank because it would clog the screens in the carb pretty quickly. So I plan to pull the tank and clean it and install the new sending unit while I have it out. I already replaced the lines, fuel filter, pump, etc....so it should be a whole new fuel system once I'm finished. I also adjusted the floats to compensate for the angle of the carb on the motor. But I took it out last Sunday and somehow managed to hit 42 mph for a little while. Later in the day it was starting to show carb issues again so it would only run about 33 tops. This is using my phone for my speedometer, but overall was a nice relaxing day. My buddies and I went out, I had my tools so I could mess with the carb/fuel system and diagnose my issues while we all drank and enjoyed the sun.   Now that I know what the issue is, I'll get it fixed when I get the time. Thanks for everyone's input and help with my boat.

http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41995&PN=1&title=73-mustang-prop-shaft-questions
chau8238 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chau8238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 11:45am
Also, I finally installed some electric horns on my boat. Looks 100x better than it did. The first picture is with the old horn, and the rest are from Sunday and new horns installed. Overall I'm happy with them, but I wish they sounded more like the air horns on my buddies boat or my truck.

https://imgur.com/a/odsZ8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic