Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

73 Mustang Parts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
z3tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z3tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 Mustang Parts
    Posted: November-07-2017 at 5:17pm
My body is reminding me that I am not as young as I once was and I am hesitantly listening. The following parts were kept from a donor boat as spares for a non complete project ski tique (probably up for sale in the near future).
Strut, shaft & coupler, complete 27A rudder, ski pylon w/finger, 3" copper exhaust, fuel tank, forgive the description, pitot/fin for speedo & lift rings.
z3tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z3tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 5:27pm
and transmission.
peteohboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteohboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 5:37pm
Hi z3tyger, I'm very interested in the ski pylon!! Would happen to know if it would work on a 1975 southwind b/r. also might be interested in the transmission as a spare
Thank you
pete
z3tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z3tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 5:58pm
It would not be fair of me to guess or speculate. I come on here to learn when faced with a challenge. I can only tell you where the parts came from. I'm sure someone on this site can add some insight.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by z3tyger z3tyger wrote:

It would not be fair of me to guess or speculate. I come on here to learn when faced with a challenge. I can only tell you where the parts came from. I'm sure someone on this site can add some insight.

Pete,
I'll comment. The 73 Mustang pylon will not work. The Southwind is a deep V meaning the dimension between your sole and keel is greater. Then, the Southwind has a higher freeboard so the pylon will also be too short.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 7:34pm
Both of you need to just grab up a tape measure.
A lot of the Southwinds pylons were not much higher than the motorbox, meaning the ring was only slightly above the box.
Keep it....from sinkin'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Both of you need to just grab up a tape measure.
A lot of the Southwinds pylons were not much higher than the motorbox, meaning the ring was only slightly above the box.

Al,
I'd have to say someone was installing some wrong height pylons!

Then he also needs to deal with the distance between the sole and keel.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 9:30pm
The pylon in that pic is about 10" to 12" taller than most normal Southwind pylons.

Just open the motorbox and measure from the bilge in front of the engine to the top of the gunwale.

Woops, sorry Pete I didn't even see the pic of the pylon for sale, it does appear to be too short but I'd still measure and ask for an overall dim.

And the floor plates can be moved.    I don't like the term "sole" being used in anything but a sailboat.    Not a big deal, just sayin'.

Curious about the gas tank. Looks like it's been stuccoed.
Keep it....from sinkin'
z3tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z3tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 10:15pm
DrCC, measurements were taken and conclusion reached that the one he’s looking for would likely be longer. As for the tank or any of the parts, the donor was purchased for the motor. My son & I pulled what parts we thought would be useful in the future. The hull had damage & it was scrapped and trailer sold to a local gentleman so that he could drive his boat to a gas station to avoid marina fuel prices. I wish I had spent time reading on this site because we literally threw away some things that may have helped someone in need. As for the “special” coating on the tank...your guess is as good as anyone’s.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 10:46pm
That tank has gone through the Gas Tank Renu process, he has a picture of the tag there
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 10:35am
The SW/MQ (late 80’s vee hull) pylons are indeed taller than other boats. They are taller than the Bfn, which is taller than the SN. The SN and Tique may be interchangeable (same distance hull to floor) but I cannot confirm. My 78 Tique had a straight pylon in it, whereas all SN pylons I’ve seen (dating back to ‘70, at least) had the above floor bend... so perhaps they too, were different.

The above pictured pylon is a ‘76 or newer as it is 2.5” diam. No telling what model it came out of or what it will fit (without modification) without a few dimensions.

I believe a SW pylon should have been ~15”/39” above/below the floor flange.
Old skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 2:53pm
Ski Pylon? Still available?
z3tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z3tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 7:20pm
It is. If measurements would help ensure that it work for you please ask
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2018 at 11:58am
How much for the exhaust pipes with the hose attached to it?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Rustylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2018 at 12:17pm
Do you still have the rudder assembly?
z3tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z3tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2018 at 1:03pm
I do and I can appreciate not having to spend silly money. The parts are just collecting dust, Make me an offer.
Matt lutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt lutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 10:37pm
How much for the rudder..i need that item ..and can you ship to hamburg,pa
Matt lutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt lutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 10:40pm
Give you 150.00 for rudder assembly
z3tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z3tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 11:44pm
Sorry, It is no longer available.
UPDATE: Strut, rudder assembly & transmission have been sold
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 12:11am
I should have a rudder I can sell.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Matt lutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt lutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 11:43am
How much and can you ship it
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 12:13pm
Matt,
I see you've been looking for a Mustang rudder. Tell us more about the boat. Are other parts needed or was it just the rudder? If the rudder wasn't damaged too bad, they can be straightened.

Welcome to CCfan. If you get a chance, we'd love to see some pictures.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 10:30am
Let me put my hands on it and i will get back to you. It may be tomorrow.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Matt lutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt lutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2018 at 7:19pm
How much for gas tank
Matt lutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt lutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2018 at 7:20pm
I need gas tank,fuel filter thingy, fuel pump, horn switch,blower motor,
politicallycorrect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicallycorrect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2018 at 8:40am
Did the pylon sell?
Scott
Skin grows back...fiberglass doesn't!!
z3tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z3tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2018 at 9:00am
I still have it. PM sent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic