Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FCC Filter change-GT40

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stephenthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FCC Filter change-GT40
    Posted: November-08-2017 at 12:11am
Mates--

I must have missed a step. 97 MB 190 Boss with 5.7 Ford PCM GT40. Went out to change the filter in the FCC. Opened the drain plug at the bottom of the fuel bowl, caught the draining fuel, all seemed fine, EXCEPT, the fuel just kept coming. Far more than the content of a full FCC. I must be draining the fuel tank. I have two fuel lines from the tank, one to the low pressure pump, and one to the FCC.

I've looked at the videos on YouTube. Everyone but me seems to find a pretty quick end to the fuel drain. I easily had gallon out when I put the plug back in and beat a retreat. What is it I'm missing? The low pressure pump sits inboard and below the FCC. Is that the source of the continuing fuel. Do I need to pull one or both of the fuel lines off the pumps and plug them? That seems excessive, Your help would be appreciated. I'm new at this, and didn't expect this particular challenge.   Thanks.
stephen thompson
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 10:23am
Unless the LPP is actually on and pumping fuel I wonder if you're getting a siphon action from either the supply or return line. How about crimping both of those fuel lines with some hose pliers and then trying?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic