NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2018 River Ruckus

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
separator71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 6:12pm
If that thing is what's coming we're in trouble. Even us crazy race boat guys know that the bow of a boat should be higher than the transom. Wonder how many lawsuits it will take for them to figure that out. All black gel coat too.....whew...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 7:52pm
I wondered what that General Motors guy who designed the Pontiac Aztek was up to these days. Seemed just like yesterday they were playing with their new Star Wars toys,now they are Chief Designers.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 8:08pm
Yeah lots of guys out there now designing boats with no clue. You wouldn't believe some of the things that have crossed my desk.....or the money spent to try something that ends up buried on the back lot.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by separator71 separator71 wrote:

Even us crazy race boat guys know that the bow of a boat should be higher than the transom. .

When Larry posted the picture of the Heyday, it took me a few to figure out which end was the stern and which was the bow. Thankfully I spotted the helm wheel!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

I'm going to work on CC Administration to allow me to bring the '61. It's seriously broken right now; engine filled up with water at the Masters and none of the department heads want to fix it on their budgets.

They’re selling $180k boats and they can’t part ~2500$ to fix an icon?

I don't think the problem is the $$. It's more that no department wants to claim it and therefore no dept wants to take responsibility for it and spend from their budget on it. Worse yet, the factory is so busy that they don't want to give me a 10 X 20 foot space to work on it.

"Art"
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 10:58pm
What all does it need done.....other than the waterlogged engine?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 7:35am

My first thought is the aluminum exhaust manifolds. VERY difficult to find so if it is a manifold, restoring them would be needed.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 7:37am

I don't think the problem is the $$. It's more that no department wants to claim it

Marketing doesn't see the value in having the first SN?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 8:48am

Phyllis and I are planning to be there.   I'm going to work on CC Administration to allow me to bring the '61. It's seriously broken right now; engine filled up with water at the Masters and none of the department heads want to fix it on their budgets. Let's try to get the date settled soon!

Tow it up there to Paramores! A couple of cases of beer and a few donated parts, we can have the old girl running by supper time!!
Js
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 10:45am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Marketing doesn't see the value in having the first SN?

I don't think it's the first, but it is a very early Correct Craft production one.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 11:08am
Wow.....Guessing maybe all they want is it sitting outside of HQ wasting away? Why take up space in the museum area for a boat that started it all. That's sad. Art...tell Bill or Greg that we'll be glad to take that old Ski Nautique off their hands for free and I'll even drive down to pick it up. Write off for them, frees up floor space, for a 200SN and I'll let them borrow it for the masters tournament if they wanna use it seeing as how I'm less than 2 hours away. It's a win win situation for everyone!

Hey, it'll look good sitting next to the very first and only Red & White Andy Mapple autographed masters edition SN.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 11:30am
Which exhaust does it use?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 11:41am
What makes you think that they'ed waste the space on a 200 Tim 😉
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 11:43am
You guys are tough...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

What makes you think that they'ed waste the space on a 200 Tim 😉

yeah, really. The only reason they still make the 200 is some sense of obligation. Big wake barges are where its at, man. 200 will probably fade out here soon to make production room for the G32.

I guess the good news is, when surfing is banned everywhere, they can use them to haul coal up and down the mississippi.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 1:00pm
Larry    The manifolds in question are aluminum Interceptor ones for the Ford Y block
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 1:16pm

I'm going to work on CC Administration to allow me to bring the '61. It's seriously broken right now; engine filled up with water at the Masters and none of the department heads want to fix it on their budgets.

Dang Art, we must have hit the time limit on the Interceptor marinization package - same exact thing happened to Dad's 63 this summer. We should compare block numbers - I bet they are pretty close. Interestingly enough, I also have the same issue, no one to take budget responsibility or give me space to work on it - HA!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 1:20pm
There's a pair for sale on ebay with a make offer listing.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 2:55pm
Getting ready to pull the Separator in the shop soon. Might be able to squeeze it in here for work if you'r willing to drive to palmetto to work on it.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Dang Art, we must have hit the time limit on the Interceptor marinization package - same exact thing happened to Dad's 63 this summer.     

That's funny must have come to the end of their life expentency . My neighbor with the Dunphy went down this summer too. Without asking he pulled the whole engine down.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

There's a pair for sale on ebay with a make offer listing.

Ouch!! $795 and the condition is unknown. Then there's a set of heavy cast iron Osco's for $1000

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 5:09pm
I have a set of osco's except for a sbc. Not sure that will work but figured I'd try.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2017 at 10:17am
The manifolds on ebay look pretty worn out....does glenwood make anything that fits the engine??
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2017 at 12:23pm

Here's the story in brief: I had run it at home prior to leaving for the Masters. It ran "just OK". A bit rough, but I figured as usual, run a piece of sandpaper through the points and it will be fine. The day of the opening ceremony, I decided to test it before anyone else was there. It ran worse and worse over the span of maybe 10 minutes, so I decided to park it and hope it would make it through the show. I was able to nurse it through the show, but had to idle it at about 1800 to keep it running. Those in the audience that are boat smart knew that something was big-time wrong.

After the show I started pulling spark plugs and all 4 cylinders on the 1 thru 4 side had a lot of water in them.

The first thing on my list is to pull the exhaust manifold on that side and test it. After that, it could be anything from a head gasket to a hole rusted through a cylinder wall or the head, which would prompt a leakdown test. It could end up that I will be in the market for a RH rotation 292 or 312.

Pete is correct that those manifolds are nearly impossible to find, and there are no alternatives in current production.
"Art"
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2017 at 12:27pm

I have a set of osco's except for a sbc. Not sure that will work but figured I'd try.

Chris, it's a Y-Block and nothing else fits it. It would spoil its entire personality to put a current engine in it.
"Art"
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2017 at 12:58pm
Sounds like you've got some digging to do. Hopefully it's a gasket or something simple to fix. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2017 at 1:06pm
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 5:39pm
Atleast now they have opened all the no wake zones in the southern end of the river It is still on the high side through out but hopefully the folks in astor are getting some relief it was flooded around SR40 area for a month or more after Irma

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/hurricane-irma-recovery/os-flooding-astor-seminole-county-20170925-story.html
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2018 at 3:09pm
Can somebody please call me about the boat show as I have some info that the promoter shared with me this morning. Thanks 4076797400 please leave message if I do not answer
woodyelc
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2018 at 3:34pm
River has dropped about 4-5 feet thus far.   Should be in great shape for this event.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic