NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old Man Winter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Man Winter
    Posted: November-15-2017 at 8:46pm
I don't know where it came from originally or the story behind it..

Here's another good one with Washington State registration numbers. I guess this one needed a new engine because of a frozen block, but the boat survived the whole winter frozen in.

FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 4:10pm
KENO - Where is that picture from! Holly Crap. ??? At that point wouldn't just 4x4 the trailer down and pick it up. - Fred
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 11:38pm
I love that picture, I like a guy that pushes the envelope on boating season!

Best wishes to your wife Fred, we'll be thinking of her.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by FredWSauer FredWSauer wrote:

this picture is totally awesome...

in our thoughts..hearts and prayers.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 6:42pm

At least you're not this guy

And..............Best of thoughts for your wife
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 6:02pm
Fred,
I've been in the same situation with ice but that's with just getting the aluminum fishing boat out. Not fun to say the least winterizing in freezing temps! This year we did have the warm before the big drop in temp so I got all the boats out then and I'm glad I did. My best to your wife. Keep us informed on her progress.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Wow. That’s a lot of ice! We sure had a big weather shift two weeks ago. 70’s to 40’s came fast.

Us too... winterized in 65° weather, almost kicking myself it was so nice, but 4 days later we had snow fall and freezing temps for 3 straight days.    I was glad I had done my part early, rather than waiting.   at least I can sleep well if it happens again.   We don't usually get any real cold until January/February, its just rain and mid 40's to mid 50's after September.   Since the lake is down anyway, no point in keeping the ice pick handy

OP, I love that boat rides make your wife happy, that's a good thing all things considered, even if there was a cold ride at the end.

tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 12:10pm
Wow. That’s a lot of ice! We sure had a big weather shift two weeks ago. 70’s to 40’s came fast. Fine by me—one of the longest and best summers ever. Actually made progress learning to slalom ski behind a dark side tow boat.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 10:40am
Looks like the normal signal for HW to pull Johnny's footer off the lift.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 10:28am
That's great, I had to shovel snow off my piers 2 years ago after pushing it into mid November, lol. Good thoughts towards your wife :)
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 10:18am
An ice chisel, an ax and a snow shovel on a pontoon. Not the kind of equipment most people take along. I hope your wife does well with her fight..
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 10:10am
Winter is hear for me. Thought maybe some of the southern CCF'ers would get a kick out of this. I am not a complete idiot; but, I do have my moments. I had 3-4 weeks I could not get up North. I was watching the FB pages for two bars on the lake and everything is still open water. The issue is this fall they are doing construction work on a new bridge to the island we live on and the bridge work dammed the channel around the back side of the island.   No water flow. Anyway. Before anyone really beats on me. My wife is fighting the big C and loves boat rides and I left it in the water until the very last possible moment for her. Almost too long

- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic