NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Photobucket scewed us again

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photobucket scewed us again
    Posted: December-02-2017 at 7:07pm
I just went to my Photobucket account and it seems they have done it to us again. I wanted to retrieve some pictures and upload them on my computer for future use like getting the pictures back into the "Proper prop" thread. Well, any of my pictures that I had used for 3rd party hosing are locked up!! All that comes up is Photobuckets announcement to upgrade for the $$$$!!!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2017 at 7:38pm
I was wondering if you were going to repopulate that thread with the pictures. Shame you cant. An awful lot of Alan's Hurricane thread is now pictureless too. I gave up on PHotobucket many years ago when it got to slow to use and always locked up. Glad I did. There must be some way to get your pics back. I cant believe photobucket is going to survive this silly $400 a year thing. Must be a last ditch effort to survive.

EDIT: You sure Pete? I just went into my old account, right click on photo, select "save as" and boom, on my desk top.

Try it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1UY7eDRXrs

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2017 at 7:52pm
I was on it earlier today and it worked,just went back on and it's fine for me. Maybe it's that dial up service your using?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2017 at 9:27pm
Now I was able to load my computer with a few pictures off Photobucket. I don't know what was going on before?? I didn't do anything different and no Gary it's not my dial up! Up here, the alternate to the copper is an dish antenna to a cell tower that is just on the verge of being too far away. They have been in measuring the reception/transmission and told me they would not guarantee the service.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2017 at 9:49pm
Let me say that I really ain't very geeky at all but ..........................

A couple of hours ago I couldn't see pictures in the "Proper prop installation" thread.or about a zillion other pictures in other threads where people used Photobucket

Then I downloaded a fix for the Photobucket issue for Google Chrome users in the link below.

Then I went back to the prop thread and a handful of others and all the pictures were there.

So if you use Chrome, give it a shot. It's in the Google Chrome webstore

If you don't use Chrome, maybe you should.

There's also a fix for Firefox users floating around out there.

Google Chrome photobucket fix

If the link doesn't get you there, you want to go to the Chrome Web Store, highlight extensions and in the search box type in Photobucket embed fix and two fixes come up. I used the second one by Jesse Evers
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2017 at 9:51pm
Almost forgot this ..................

PETE LERN TU SPEL or in other words fix the title of the thread

The forty something page Hurricane thread as an example was full of nice pretty pictures again.

Actually all of CCF seems to have pictures again.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2017 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

PETE LERN TU SPEL

What did I misspell? I will admit that I rely on spellcheck a lot but I went back a few posts and nothing shows up. BTW Ken, Is there anything else you would like to work me over about? It seems to be a habit of yours.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

PETE LERN TU SPEL

What did I misspell? I will admit that I rely on spellcheck a lot but I went back a few posts and nothing shows up. BTW Ken, Is there anything else you would like to work me over about? It seems to be a habit of yours.

I was editing the previous post while you were typing your post.

Look at the thread title

So are you a chrome user? It great seeing all those lost pictures again.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 7:47am
Thanks for the Chrome plug in link.

Worked great.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 9:30am

PETE LERN TU SPEL

I was editing the previous post while you were typing your post.

Look at the thread title

So are you a chrome user? It great seeing all those lost pictures again.

Pete intentionally left the "R" out to keep a "PG" rating.
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 12:07pm

So if you use Chrome, give it a shot. It's in the Google Chrome webstore

If you don't use Chrome, maybe you should.

There's also a fix for Firefox users floating around out there.

Google Chrome photobucket fix

I'm going to call jbear later for advice.    I've tried multiple times to change my browser to chrome without any luck of bypassing the Photobucket problem. Ken, I haven't given up yet and will keep trying. Thanks for the link.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 12:33pm
Great fix Ken. Thanks. Nice to have the photos back. .That is a fix I would have never guessed to Google. I hope it foils Photobucket's stupid attempt at extortion, tho you would think they would come up with a way to get around it, now that someone figured out how to get around their ploy.

I have IE and Chrome, Not my choice, work computer. Chrome is my usual go to but the down side of chrome and CCF is the search tool Under IE you can do an "advanced" search but under Chrome, I cant. Just enter a word or phrase. No option on who or body or title or group of posts or dates. Cant ever find anything like that. Now if I want to search and see pics, like I just did for the Hurricane thread, I found it in IE and then copied URL over to Chrome. Not that hard, I guess.

Pete. Not sure by what you wrote, but you understand you need to load and use chrome and then add the photobucket fix, correct? Sounds like you might just be doing one or the other.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 1:05pm
In thinking back, It may have been the No 1 thread that I recently went back to that was missing all the photobucket photos and not the Hurricane thread (also missing them all) I was disappointed that all the historical stuff Alan had posted about the No 1 was gone, so glad to see all that back too.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Pete. Not sure by what you wrote, but you understand you need to load and use chrome and then add the photobucket fix, correct? Sounds like you might just be doing one or the other.

Knowing Pete Larry,he likes to keep things original. Google let alone Google Chrome just will NOT work on a Commodore 64   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 2:15pm
Hi Larry

I do my searches "Pete style".

At least I think I got this from Pete, but on Google I just type in Correctcraftfan followed by a name and what I'm trying to find. Name isn't necessary but it can help.

An example would be Correctcraftfan 75 Tique barefoot

It seems to work good, sometimes you get a lot of results to weed through though.

I think that if you did Correctcraftfan 8122pbrainard you might break the internet with all his posts

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 4:37pm

Larry,
I was able to load Chrome but it the Photobucket fix extension I'm having a problem loading. I'll keep trying! Understand I feel my computer skills are not too far above John's!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2017 at 12:35am

Larry,
I was able to load Chrome but it the Photobucket fix extension I'm having a problem loading. I'll keep trying! Understand I feel my computer skills are not too far above John's!

LOL...so true Pete...

As I was reading this thread getting confused I thought...."I need to call Larry for a walk-thru"
Would be very nice to have access to all my pictures again.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2017 at 11:14am
Has anyone tried to load the Photobucket extension repair to an IPad? It doesn't seem to want to load for me now that I have installed the Chrome app.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2017 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by baitkiller baitkiller wrote:

Thank you Jerry for not whisping away into the vapor.
We are genuinely interested so please do come back and enlighten us with your findings.
John

Jerry,
I too want to thank you for not forgetting about us. We all have seen some come on with a problem, we try to help offering advice and then hear nothing back. It's disappointing since I and I'm sure others would like to hear if we were able to help.

So Pete..................those words were yours from a recent thread which makes me think you need to live by your own words when it comes to your Photobucket issues.

Fill us in, did you get the Chrome fix to work?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2017 at 8:05pm
Ken,
A friend just came by this morning and was able to get the Photobucket fix you linked to work. Then I had to run and put on the orange apron for a few hours. I sure wish I grew up in a different era so I would have better computer skills. Thanks for the help.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2017 at 8:22pm
I just passed on what I found.

Whoever Jesse Evers is, I figure he's the one lots of people should be thanking for getting all those pictures back
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic