NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Lake 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 11:21am
That boat is a 79 Ski Nautique and the Owner is Sherwood ( Bigbirdmk) and he is an employee of PCM in Little Mnt., SC. Yes the motor was a closed loop transplant. He arrived with some minor fuel line collapsing issues and he had some stronger fuel line with him. He did the swap of the fuel line Saturday and the boat ran great. Patrick, also with PCM had a 93 ish Ski Nautique with a newer PCM swap out motor too. Those PCM guys seem to have access to some cool motors. Mark Snider, also with PCM, stayed with the old 302 Form Holman Moody Power in is Mustang , Orange with Black interior.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Bigbirdmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbirdmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 12:42pm
The boat with the 5.7 liter right hand closed cooled engine is mine. It is a 1979. I do not have a thread on here with it but look at my Instagram or on Instagram search for #79skinautique. I installed that engine last year when I bought the boat because the 5.8 commander was seized up. The boat is fast and very responsive, but when you hit 5000 RPMs the bot is going faster than what it can handle and starts porpousing.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Bigbirdmk Bigbirdmk wrote:

The boat with the 5.7 liter right hand closed cooled engine is mine. It is a 1979. I do not have a thread on here with it but look at my Instagram or on Instagram search for #79skinautique. I installed that engine last year when I bought the boat because the 5.8 commander was seized up. The boat is fast and very responsive, but when you hit 5000 RPMs the bot is going faster than what it can handle and starts porpousing.

The well known high speed Correct Craft handling issues, that's why I'm OK with my measly 130 HP! Just kidding, seems like a few full sized CCFans in the back seat is a help with the porpoising, That boat is beautiful, and has to be a lot of fun with the re-power.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 1:19pm
More weight in back increases the porpoise. Bouncing = fast AND safe. It’s when the nose plants that things become dangerous.
Bigbirdmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbirdmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

More weight in back increases the porpoise. Bouncing = fast AND safe. It’s when the nose plants that things become dangerous.

Fully disagree with that statement, porpoising=submarine
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 2:53pm
*sigh*
whitelakerider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelakerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 2:58pm
Uh oh do we have a debate forming.... BRB gotta get my popcorn....
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com
Bigbirdmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbirdmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by whitelakerider whitelakerider wrote:

Uh oh do we have a debate forming.... BRB gotta get my popcorn....

Bigbirdmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbirdmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 3:15pm
When I’m referring to the porpousing on my 79 it’s drastic, it starts as a small bounce and quickly increases to the point it feels like the nose is going to go under water. I will not hold mine at WOT very long.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 3:16pm
My bad, I started it with my backwards statement.

Sherwood, is it a 330 HP 5.7?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Bigbirdmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbirdmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

My bad, I started it with my backwards statement.

Sherwood, is it a 330 HP 5.7?

Yes it
whitelakerider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelakerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 3:29pm
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 3:57pm
I finally found Sherwoods FB page, but can't find the Instagram page. I'm an OG and don't have an Instagram account. A search for #79SkiNautique doesn't bring up any results.

Now that it's documented that a couple of guys are working for PCM, how about some parts discounts??? I really need a FCC for my EFI conversion.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by AlfaDon AlfaDon wrote:

I finally found Sherwoods FB page, but can't find the Instagram page. I'm an OG and don't have an Instagram account. A search for #79SkiNautique doesn't bring up any results.

Now that it's documented that a couple of guys are working for PCM, how about some parts discounts??? I really need a FCC for my EFI conversion.

Damn, not even dinner and a movie first
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 4:40pm
Damn, not even dinner and a movie first [/QUOTE]

I've pledged my loyalty to the Family. Isn't that enough?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic