NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EBAY won 99 Super Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 8:19pm
The suspicion is the bidder who backed out was an insider inflating the price. Good luck.
iamdennyis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 8:48pm
How did you guys decide it is a 1998 instead of a 1999 super sport?
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 8:49pm
Don’t be afraid to negotiate after you arrive and inspect. I did that on an Ebay auto purchase and it was no surprise to the seller. There was concealed damage and I was prepared to walk away. If they threaten to keep your deposit, there is a term they mention that allows you to back out if there was a misrepresentation who ch there was—the description calls the boat a “Super Air” in part of the ad and of course it’s not—it’s a Super Sport. Just sayin’
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

there is a term they mention that allows you to back out if there was a misrepresentation who ch there was—the description calls the boat a “Super Air” in part of the ad and of course it’s not—it’s a Super Sport. ’

My concern is the listing stated "as is" so misrepresentation of anything on or about the boat may not be a factor.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 9:31pm
As-is versus not-is ??
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 9:47pm
I read the terms believe it or not. Must have been bored out of my mind on a delayed flight. It stated that one could BACK out and receive a return of deposit if there was any misrepresentation on the description or if a PROFESSOONAL mechanic inspected and found the boat to be greatly flawed. For example “it starts right up”. If the Block is cracked and it won’t hold water....

Misrepresentation; Super Sport/Super Air Nautique. Not same same. Both descriptions were on the advertisement.

That back out bid was something of great potential manipulation too. Ebay could provide some “IP address details” that could potential be disparaging to the seller.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 9:57pm
I could be wrong but hope you downloaded screen shots of everything because there were a lot of details you’ll want to have going into the inspection.

I’m betting they’ll offer to sell you a trailer too....
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 10:41pm
Keep us in the loop Dennis as this moves forward. Gonna be interesting. Lots of info/help to be found on here.

You'll find that we like Pics.

Oh yeah...welcome to the site and....congrats!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 10:50pm
Almost anything can be fixed.

We're here to help anyway we can.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 11:06pm
Good advice on potentially renegotiating. Any “professional mechanics” in that area want to go check it out with me when I head down there (Liberty TX)?

Now that trailer is for another boat he has, so he does not have a trailer to sell me. Also, I posted on a Nautique group on Facebook and the highest bidder that backed out reached out to me. He said he backed out because he couldn’t confirm he had access to the interior panels needed. Then turned out he does have a relationship that has them, so he said he would send me the lead on them.

We will see.
Based on what you guys have seen in the pictures, at what price would you have been buyers?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 11:08pm
Yeah your back out bidder being unnecessarily nice could still be a scammer
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2018 at 12:36am
If your goal for the boat was to save money, then it was probably not a good buy. If you goal is to spread the cost over time and have a fun, time consuming project then you should be fine.

From a money perspective the price isn't crazy and if you can find a used trailer and get family discount on the interior work you could be money ahead but if the drive train needs major work then you might find yourself not having saved much money and costing yourself alot of time.

There are alot of people on this forum who put the time and money into boats that at the end of the day are worth less then what yours will be worth because they enjoy fixing boats up.

Best of luck. She'll be a nice boat when she is all fixed up.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2018 at 12:49am
Well said.
JoseCas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoseCas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2018 at 9:58am
Adding a bit to the thread.

Around February of 2016, I bought a 98 Super Sport with 440 hours, great interior, good service records, and everything in working order, in Connecticut, for about 11k.

I had to flat bed boat to Florida for around 2k (with trailer being in good condition, but still I did not want to take a chance of something going wrong, given the distance).. Still, purchase price was more than worth it all.

I still have the boat, with 950 hours, and running great.

I think patience is key when buying either a boat or project boat.

I had been looking for deals for around 1 year, when I found the one I pulled the trigger on.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2018 at 2:46pm
Its not close to your, but his trailer has potential:

norther alabama trailer
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2018 at 12:39pm
Thanks for the lead. I spoke to him on the phone today and this is likely the one.

So next weekend will be road trip weekend. I think maybe I’ll start a new thread once it’s in my possession and save a little face :D
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2018 at 2:06pm
Scott Z from this site is selling that trailer. Scott is a great guy and a good guy to buy from. He also has some great looking boats.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2018 at 4:05pm
Alright, I have a good tandem 21' inboard trailer lined up. I'm taking off tomorrow after work.

We can build most of the interior panels, but does anyone have any suggestions on the drivers seat? I would like to get a good seat, whether it is 99 Nautique or something else similar.

I know I'm going to be learning a ton through this project! Looking forward to going through it and doing it right.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2018 at 4:19pm
Seats are pretty easy to find. I know some of the major sites have some sort of seat base. I have two in my garage from early 1990’s. Think you can get
One for like $200 or so.

Make sure you check that boat out well. I loosely followed this post. That motor seems to have rust on the outside. It may be a deal- but it’s not a deal if you get upside down $ wise. Gel/ Interior / trailer = easy fixes. Motor that is another story. Best of luck!!
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2018 at 4:37pm
Your road trip is getting longer longer.

seat base

CCfan in Mississippi has one from a 94. Just go south down 65 after getting the trailer and west on I 20 to Texas. Stop and get a seat on the way through Mississippi
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2018 at 5:06pm
Haha I’m getting a trailer in Texas. It was more convenient and less $. Although mostly not 8 hours out of my way haha.

I’m going to pick up a fake a lake at the dealership this afternoon so I can hear it run and look for any leaks/issues. If all goes well there then I basically know what I’m in for with the rest of the project.

Regarding covers... I spoke to Mike at Skiboatcovers.com. I’m in for about $1k if I go with them, or I can buy a basic cover for $400ish and we can modify it for tower legs. Suggestions?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2018 at 5:31pm
I would make sure the VDrive oil is clear, as well as motor oil. After you run on fake a lake be sure to look at engine and vDrive oil second time to make sure no internal gaskets or block leaks. Make sure boat idles without major loping or stalling.

I’d want to spin that prop shaft with a dial indicator too for the minutes it takes to see if the prop damage extended to the shaft.

Make sure the steering and throttle cables are free,

Maybe ask any local CCF’ers if they want to tag along for the inspection.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2018 at 6:03pm
Those covers look nice for the price. If you’re in the upholstery business and you want to install your own tower feet zippers (and clips to the drawstrings on each side) seems like that’s worth $600 in savings. I had my cover modified for $25 per zipper or $100. It keeps the water out and the cover is nice and tight.

Make sure you’re not in boat fever mode and take your time on inspection.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2018 at 12:46am
Originally posted by velde99 velde99 wrote:

Make sure you check that boat out well. I loosely followed this post. That motor seems to have rust on the outside. It may be a deal- but it’s not a deal if you get upside down $ wise. Gel/ Interior / trailer = easy fixes. Motor that is another story. Best of luck!!

All three 4 of those can cost you. Gel is probably the worst because a major blister issue there may be no fixing.

New Upolstery or trailer is gonna cost the same as a new long block. 3k to 4k
96 Super Sport
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2018 at 12:47am
Originally posted by iamdennyis iamdennyis wrote:

Alright, I have a good tandem 21' inboard trailer lined up. I'm taking off tomorrow after work.

We can build most of the interior panels, but does anyone have any suggestions on the drivers seat? I would like to get a good seat, whether it is 99 Nautique or something else similar.

I know I'm going to be learning a ton through this project! Looking forward to going through it and doing it right.

Any updates?
96 Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2018 at 1:03am
Just got home with a great trailer from Scott Z and looking forward to diggging into this project. I’m exhausted from nearly 30 hours of driving. The gel coat is in great shape. A couple small blemishes but nothing major.

I’m going to winterize it tomorrow and then get to the interior with my uncle.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2018 at 1:14am

Regarding covers... I spoke to Mike at Skiboatcovers.com. I’m in for about $1k if I go with them, or I can buy a basic cover for $400ish and we can modify it for tower legs. Suggestions?

Try this link:   Good quality budget tops. Not exact to model, but to your size and style of boat if you're looking to save a few $.

Boat cover - 98 Super Sport
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2018 at 8:36pm

Haha I’m getting a trailer in Texas. It was more convenient and less $. Although mostly not 8 hours out of my way haha.

I’m going to pick up a fake a lake at the dealership this afternoon so I can hear it run and look for any leaks/issues. If all goes well there then I basically know what I’m in for with the rest of the project.

That's all you've got? Did she start? Where are the pics?
96 Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2018 at 11:25pm
It starts and runs smoothly.

I do have a project on my hands for sure. I’ll have to go through everything over time, but for now it’s at my friend’s house. I don’t have enough room to park it at my house in the city. I went over this evening in the dark and pulled drain plugs.

I haven’t gone around and taken a bunch of pics yet. It’s cold and the trip was so non stop I just didn’t get it done. I will take pics before we tear into the interior.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 4:05pm
Here are some interior pictures I took last night when taking measurements for the tower, along with a couple exterior pictures.

https://m.imgur.com/a/1fv0y
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic