Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where to get tranny rebuilt?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
airjeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airjeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to get tranny rebuilt?
    Posted: February-12-2018 at 5:56pm
My brother has a '99 Air Nautique DD and the tranny is toast. Slips terribly, no strange noises, just slips. I know Eric Levine used to do rebuilds but he hasn't answered my PM and from what I read he sold his business. I have one place local that gave my brother an estimate of $2k for a rebuild if he pulls and installs it. But that shop rarely deals with inboards so I'm not sure they are a good option. The other option is the Master Craft dealer, but they wanted $3k if we pulled and installed the tranny. We have the technical skills to get the job done ourselves and that is an option, but we'd prefer to have someone with more experience do the job. So, is there anywhere you guys recommend for sending the tranny in for a rebuild?
'02 Air Nautique(DD)
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2018 at 5:58pm
Google Fantastic Finish Marine, think Vince is the guy there now
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2018 at 6:01pm
If anyone know about trannies it would be the guy above....

Here is the thread that just came up the other day about Eric's old place-
Fantastic Finish Marine
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
airjeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airjeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2018 at 6:58pm
Awesome, thanks!
'02 Air Nautique(DD)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic