NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission Oil Strainer (Velvet)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission Oil Strainer (Velvet)
    Posted: February-15-2018 at 5:09pm
When looking at the manual for the transmission I noticed they referenced checking/cleaning the oil strainer : http://www.correctcraftfan.com/Downloads/Velvet_Service_Manual.pdf (P22 for procedure and 44 for fig 77 )

Now I read the forums here and the recommended procedure is to sucking the fluid out vs draining which implies to me that most if not all do not do this step. Is it worth the extra headache?
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2018 at 5:24pm
The strainer only gets the big chunks. If you are having no trouble then there should be no debris.   Possible that there is not even a strainer in it.   Makes a mess getting it out.   Kinda your call.
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 2:35am
Much thanks for the peace of mind. Fwiw, ended up not pulling it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic