NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Leaf Springs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer Leaf Springs
    Posted: February-16-2018 at 5:45pm
NEED HELP????
Went to test a 83 SN and the leaf spring broke and we had to drag to house..
Now I can't find the springs.
I called Correct Craft and they had no info and said to try Ramlin Trailer, but they din't make the 83 trailers and no help.
I measured from eye to eye and cam up around 31 inches with 7 leafs...
Someone said try truck springs, but the cost was like $250.00
Any suggestions as to where I can find springs for this 1983 trailer????
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2018 at 5:57pm
Try Rural King and or Tractor Supply

Sturdybuiltonline.com   Sturdy Built Trailer Parts
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2018 at 5:57pm
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2018 at 5:58pm
Also Sturdy Built is in Sarasota and Bradenton
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by jterr jterr wrote:

I called Correct Craft

John,
I hope you now understand that calling CC is fruitless and that's with anything regarding our older boats. You come here first!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2018 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by jterr jterr wrote:

I called Correct Craft

John,
I hope you now understand that calling CC is fruitless and that's with anything regarding our older boats. You come here first!!

Well back when I lived in Orlando and redid my 79 I used to go over to CC and get all the help, parts, decals, tricks of their trade on a regular basis.
Kinda forgot that was 35+ years ago DUHHH
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2018 at 9:08pm
Now I know why there is 2 post , when I started the 1st one pc locked up an d I just started over-Sorry please delete other one
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 3:16pm
Been looking for the same. mine are original 83 and likely will break one day. Looks like the 30" 6 leaf will be the one to do the trick.   looks like the axle will move forward about .5" which isn't bad.   
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 3:37pm
The original springs are 30”. Springs are measured eye to eye, unloaded. Measuring them with the weight of the trailer (or trailer + boat) will give a false (long) measurement, especially if they are a bit tired.
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2018 at 3:40am
Just got my brakes and brake lines from sturdy built , they have pretty good selection and same day ship , if your in FL thats next day :) guess whos going disc brake..

If you get on eastern marine email list they do have some good email trailer specials from time to time.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2018 at 10:09am
Call Woody for trailer springs. 407 851 1965
woodyelc
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2018 at 11:12am
I found them at a tractor supply store in NC. If they don't work will give him a call.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic