NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1984 Southwind seat mounting height

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
searider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1984 Southwind seat mounting height
    Posted: February-20-2018 at 8:52am
I am finishing up a complete interior upgrade for my 1984 Southwind bowrider. Somewhere in the middle of this project, we moved to a new home and threw out the old front seat bases.

I am looking to replace these and purchased two nice adjustable pedestals but even at the lowest setting of 13 inches they are too high. Can someone help me by measuring their seat mounting height for a Southwind from the bottom of the seat to the deck.

I am thinking is must be about 10 inches. Any suggestions also for a pedestal or original style seat base would be helpful.

Thanks,
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 2:59pm
Hi Marc!

I used to own an '83 SW OB that looked just like yours. I miss that boat. But, I now have an '87 Martinique, which was the replacement boat for the Southwind series, and about the same size.

I just built new seat bases this winter. The drivers seat base is 9 1/4" high (no swivel system on drivers seat). The passenger seat base is only 7" high (it is shorter to allow for the swivel device).

So, hopefully this puts you in the right ballpark since the boats are probably similar in hull depth.
searider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 11:01pm
David,

Thanks for your help. I will use those measurements to find or make something that will fit. The original was a steel pedestal with no swivel but had a slide for forward and reverse adjustment mounted on top.

BTW I talked to a guy last night that just picked up a 1987 Martinique like yours in Charlotte, NC.

All the best,
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2018 at 3:31pm
Looking to replace my seat bases in my '84 Southwind. Marc, what did you end up using? All of the options that I've seen with a similar style to the originals are of very poor quality.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
searider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2018 at 4:21pm
Hey Chris,

I got these from Bass Pro shops, but they were too high.
Bell Pedestal

So I went with this Economy Seat Base
Economy Seat Base

with a Bass Pro swivel on top.
Detachable Swivel

Planning to cover them with extra carpet so they will look good and have the correct height.

Marc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic