NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

swivel ski fun?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swivel ski fun?
    Posted: February-24-2018 at 12:26pm
I may have a chance to pick up a swivel ski for a good price. Would it be a fun addition to my stash of skis? It looks like it woukd be super easy to teach people to get up on.

There are no ski shows in my area which is porobably why its reasonable.

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2018 at 2:43pm
Don't bet on it being easy. I've never done it but have watched it in person. I think you will find it much harder than it looks. I have been told that that is the case as well by people in show skiing. All that being said, if it the deal you say it is, go for it. Like you said, fun addition to collection and fun to try/work on. One of the sports legends, Sally Winter, Cypress Gardens in the 70s and 80s. I'm pretty sure Donald's boat is at the other end of the line.

Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2018 at 8:07pm
Buy it and let me know if you don't like it my wife has been looking for one for years.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2018 at 8:15pm
Pretty sure the swivel bindings can be pinned- in which case, that big ski would be easy to get up on. That’s not really the purpose of the ski though... A wide body slalom from the last 20 yrs is better suited to teaching the deep water start- and they’re available pretty reasonably.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2018 at 1:37pm
Fossett should pipe up and give some insight to this as his daughter Kristin is/was a Swiveler. She made it look pretty easy and brought her ski to the Benjamin Bayou a few years ago. I think a couple guys gave it go but didn't last long as it at their lunch. Pretty sure alcohol was involved in that decision making.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2018 at 5:04pm
Swivel skis are expensive- correction swivel bindings are expensive. Tim B is correct and the bindings can be pinned (locked) either in place or 180 in either direction. I have witnessed some accomplished skiers jump on one that was on 360 (unlocked full swivel) and were humbled.
As Kristin was learning it was consistent 70+ annual hours on the boat at 12.7654321 mph with shins that looked like a hockey players that played a season without shin pads.
A good used Beeman binding would bring ~$175 to $200 and an Elmo binding in the $150 to $175. Not many CG pop up for sale but would guess similar to the Elmo binding.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2018 at 1:53pm
I am trying to buy it. If we end up not using it, I will help give it a good CCFan home, first dibs to Michael.

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2018 at 1:14pm
My daughter swivels Our club is looking to get some for girls not yet committed. Let me know price if you want to sell. Kevin      harddock@msn.com
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 9:44am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I am pretty sure Donald's boat is at the other end of the line.

Larry you are correct, it indeed was my 1980 on the other end. Sally's bathing suit came with the boat. During warmer weather, I ski with her suit on me. It makes my man boobs slightly exposes just like her lovely ones.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 11:11am
Here are a couple other pics of Sally from back in the day. These outfits come with the boat too?

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 10:21pm
Larry,

Unfortunately, not. I should of looked under the seats better.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic