NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 7:37pm
A lot of great memories at GL. Those pics bring a lot of them flooding back. It was cold that morning, and if I recall, the morning of the infamous Mastercraft incident, Thanks for sharing those M3fan

Rob
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2018 at 12:44am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

A lot of great memories at GL. Those pics bring a lot of them flooding back. It was cold that morning, and if I recall, the morning of the infamous Mastercraft incident, Thanks for sharing those M3fan

Rob

+1 Joel...

the highlite of both my trips to Green Lake....Joel "convincing" that guy not to keep skiing thru our footing water.

Thanx for posting the pics Joel...lotsa great memories.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2018 at 11:07am
Great pics. Made 4 treks to GL and loved them all. But, by far the best was when we dragged the boat all the way from CA. Just got back from 4 days of waterski camp for my daughter (now 11), learning the slalom course. Hope to get her back to GL again some time.

Have fun, and I know you will.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

But, by far the best was when we dragged the boat all the way from CA.

BKH

Brian,
I think you hold the record for distance traveled and then Billy is just behind you. Yes, good times and good memories.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2018 at 11:56am
I think the biggest reunions occurred during this sweet spot of life phases within the group where we had a bunch of folks in their 20's with no kids/no responsibilities and a bunch of folks just coming out of the heavy phases of parenting with older kids or total empty nesters. It was a really fun time period for sure. Now the 20 somethings are 30 somethings and smack dab in the middle of a really busy life phase.

And yes, the BKHallpass Rig:

2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I think the biggest reunions occurred during this sweet spot of life phases within the group where we had a bunch of folks in their 20's with no kids/no responsibilities and a bunch of folks just coming out of the heavy phases of parenting with older kids or total empty nesters. It was a really fun time period for sure. Now the 20 somethings are 30 somethings and smack dab in the middle of a really busy life phase.

Perfectly said.
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 11:03am
+2 on if you need a ride. I live local (Ripon) and provided I can get my truck running, will be bringing a small, empty boat ('75 SkiTique w/ 350 Chevy) likely sometime Sat aft. (Hopefully earlier).
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Perfectly said.

+1

Cool group shot.

2nd year we attended we pulled the '80 to Reid's house..hung around for a couple days. Then left for the TN/KY border to pick up kytom & Skicat. Had a huge blowout on Skicat's truck in pouring rain. Changed that tire like a NASCAR crew.. continued on to Green Lake..stayed a couple days in a trailer with Quinner and then pulled the boat to TN for our club trip. Interesting vacation.

was great seeing BKH in person.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2018 at 9:04am
I have been to every single Green Lake reunion....love it!! look forward to going every year...

I too will have a big boat (if it gets done )there if anyone needs a ride to the bay... just me and the wife.

My daughter and her husband (and my granddaughter) will be bringing the classic too..

can't wait to see everyone!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2018 at 1:12pm
In on Friday AM at Hattie. With boat and No Extras, Need a ride out stop on down.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 4:09pm
Hey all, GL is around the corner.. The bay is warming up real nice. Its been hot out the 95 degree weekend helped.
The Legion parking lot is booked and will be ready for us.
The new bar is very cool. Grand opening is today and I'm sure you'll all like it..
The Green Lake Suites is all done being renovated. Who ever got a spot there should be pleasantly surprised..
Can't wait to see everyone... I'll be rolling in Thursday. If anyone has any questions, let me know. Of course I90 up through Madison has some construction, but there is a way around it which I will direct as we get closer..
Barney has been pretty laxed on patrols lately, but of course make sure you're up to speed on your registration etc. you don't want to give them a reason to stop ya..
Fun times again in GL soon.........
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2018 at 10:48pm
From Madison to GL should be fine but IL to Madison is an entirely different story. I am heading up Friday AM. If anyone has issues near Madison before that LMK. Safe Travels, See you in a week.
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 12:53pm
Always some family activity stopping me from going, I swear they just don’t want my uncle and I to have fun and look at some old CC’s .
1972 Mustang
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

The Green Lake Suites is all done being renovated. Who ever got a spot there should be pleasantly surprised..

Please tell me they left the 1950's vintage pink tiled bathrooms!?!?!     
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 3:51pm
They have those at Bayview still. Always clean and vintage.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 4:35pm
Yep, I normally stay at the Bayview. It's like time travel back to the early 60's staying there.   I thought it had been sold for big $$$, and they were going to put a condo in??
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2018 at 2:25pm
Is there much construction on I-39 South of Madison?
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2018 at 10:15pm
Getting ready. Started with packing the essentials.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 9:11am
In on Thursday afternoon.....cant wait!! still working on the Riviera...hope to have it done...running out of time!!

everyone have safe travels!!

see ya there!!

Paul,

Paul
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Yep, I normally stay at the Bayview. It's like time travel back to the early 60's staying there.   I thought it had been sold for big $$$, and they were going to put a condo in??

Bayview has been sold yes, but will remain the same for the time being. The guys from Shoreline Boat Center bought it , but haven't taken possession yet..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

Is there much construction on I-39 South of Madison?

Steve, yes, there is major construction on 90/39 South of Madison. Can't really isolate where, but its in and out the entire way. When we head up we get off of I90 onto State rd 26 via Milton and cut through the country. Its a nice easy drive on a 4 lane highway without any construction, or traffic for that matter. May want to consider it....

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 10:13am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Please tell me they left the 1950's vintage pink tiled bathrooms!?!?!     

Green Lake Suites is the old Lakeside. I don't think all of those 50's bathrooms are out of there yet, but the old porcelain kitchenettes are ..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 10:46am
Dave, thanks for the reply

I use I-39 all the way from I-74 in IL. Would it be best for me to stay on I-39, since I spend the nite on the way up in Portage?

Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 11:08am

I use I-39 all the way from I-74 in IL. Would it be best for me to stay on I-39, since I spend the nite on the way up in Portage?

Steve

Yes, if going to Portage 39 is about the only way. Just expect some delays..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 11:15am
Thank you Dave

Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 11:48am
MOJO are we cooking out in the park on Sat night?
We should be up sometime late afternoon on Friday and I think leaving sometime later on Sunday.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Brian
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by illiniball2000 illiniball2000 wrote:

MOJO are we cooking out in the park on Sat night?
We should be up sometime late afternoon on Friday and I think leaving sometime later on Sunday.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Brian

Friday: Going to the same Legion parking lot Corner of Lake and Water st. for an on-trailer gathering. 5pm till dusk. No registration, trophy's, etc. Just a gathering among members catching up and sipping suds..

Sat: we could parade out to the cover or just meet at some point in the shallows..
Sat night, there are no formal plans for dinner. ..
We could take over the park?
We could go to Thunder Boss (still trying to get something set up for us as a group)?
We could stay out in the bay till dusk and order/eat out there and have a dusk cruise in?
We could go to the Goose right off the water??

Sun:
Rinse and repeat from Sat. Every man for himself getting to the cove. The barge band will be there playing all afternoon.
Sun night: not sure who will be around. The park is usually wide open or maybe have the stragglers back to my house to grill..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 12:43pm
We are open to whatever is easy.
Thanks for being the point on this. See you Friday.
Brian
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2018 at 12:39am

Steve

Friends in Portage ? You can jump off on 51 to 22 and take a nice stroll thru the country instead of highway to Portage. The trip up should be fine but 55 is your speed from South Beloit to just outside Madison. Not bad just plan a little extra time. If coming thru Madison on Thursday eve give me a call. I am right off the highway on 151.

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2018 at 2:24am

Sat: we could parade out to the cover or just meet at some point in the shallows..

I love a parade!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic