NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

83 New Stringers & Floor

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2020 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by jterr jterr wrote:

Fuses
I think I read the switch has a 25 amp fuse, what are the other fuses??
Thanks
JT

Thanks for the diagram JT

I think the thread in the link will give you some good fuse information    

link   
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2020 at 10:23pm
You're welcome and Thanks
JT
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2020 at 10:12pm
Update:
Here is the vent collection box repaired

and a question, should these exhaust flappers be tighter ??
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 8:46am

and a question, should these exhaust flappers be tighter ??

Nothing wrong with that flap JT
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 11:39am
How about some fuel tank sender questions;
Should it be replaced ?
Can they be tested?
Can I get at auto store?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 11:52am
John,
Yes, the senders can be tested for resistance.

I have never seen any difference between an automotive and marine.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 12:01pm
John,
You should read close to 33 Ohms full and 240 empty. As you move the float, the reading should be smooth indicating there aren't any dead spots on the resister board.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 1:07pm
Don't bother with those old style float lever styles check into these -
]link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 1:22pm
John,
Yes, if your sender does check bad, and or you want a new one, then the sender Gary linked is by far superior to the old are style. The only down side is the extra cost.

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Don't bother with those old style float lever styles check into these -
]link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 2:32pm
The pdf instructions tell you how to measure length,once that is found you can google price shop,I see them cheaper than their own site on ebay for example. pdf link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 9:43pm
OK I think I'm brain dead. . I'm ordering one of those senders and in the PDF said float needs to be 1' from bottom. I have a 12" tank so I need a 11" sender????
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 9:55pm
12 minus 1 equals just what you're thinking.

I think your brain is just fine.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 10:21pm
Thanks . Any suggestions on tank cleaning. I looked in it and what I see is just clear water, the covers I put on connectors dry rotted and let a little rain water in..
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 10:31pm
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 11:17am
Have to ask again:
Any suggestions on tank cleaning. I looked in it and what I see is just clear water.

jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 11:18am
A DUHHHH moment--Is there a way to check all my connections (to make sure pump, blower and lights) without motor and battery in boat???
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 11:25am
Multimeter with continuity setting will verify point to point connections... of course you’d need a battery to confirm functionality of each accessory.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 11:53am
Did that before connecting as the wires were all at front of boat,now they are where they should be.
I guess what I was asking is how to connect a power source without motor?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 12:08pm
Take a look at the 8-pin wiring harness schematic. Put some jumpers between the 12v and gnd pins directly to the battery and that will power the dash and any downstream accessories.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 12:21pm
JtT

Remember this colorful diagram from the other day.

On that plug for the dash #5 is the ground and #7 is the battery supply. Hook some wires from your battery to those .   

Ken
For some reason can't send you a PM so here is the updated Diagram

jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 12:25pm
I was thinking that -yea right-

Thanks will try later and let you know
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 1:30pm
Worked great, have power.
Thanks
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2020 at 11:11am
Questions,Questions…

Just put rudder back in, are there any specs as to how tight to make the big brass nut?
Thanks,
JT
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2020 at 11:22am

Questions,Questions…

Just put rudder back in, are there any specs as to how tight to make the big brass nut?
Thanks,
JT

Not really but, unlike the prop shaft stuffing box, the rudder box can be pretty tight. It's not rotating at a high speed like the prop shaft is. Tighten it until you get some resistance on turning the rudder. When you get the boat in the water, you'll want to check it again. I normally tighten the rudder until there isn't any water coming in and the rudder is still relatively easy to turn.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2020 at 10:14pm
Was just thinking this reinstall of parts and realized I need to replace the exhaust hoses before replacing gas tank.
Liked to had a CORONARY when I saw prices for this 3" wet hose
Can this be bought local or it's a specialty hose??
JT
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2020 at 10:29pm
Marine rated exhaust hose is on the expensive side but, remember, it's below the water line. You really don't want it to fail when the boats in the water. Shop around for the best price. Locally? you may end up paying more?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2020 at 11:12pm
Go2Marine used to have the best prices but Pete cover your ears, a few years ago when I needed some I went to West marine and found they were very competitive. Ordered to the store,it's with in walking distance to me,and did not have to pay any shipping. I understand they do price matching as well now but don't know what the conditions are. Worth a look if one is near by.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2020 at 4:57pm
Ordered hose, now time for carpet.
Has anyone else used the Lowes carpet? I used in the 79, seems a little thin.
Thoughts
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2020 at 2:52pm
Another question.
Why are my Throttle and shift cable different lengths? Want to order new ones and it looks as a 16' would work for both??
Suggestions; Thoughts didn't work above
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2020 at 3:17pm

Ordered hose, now time for carpet.
Has anyone else used the Lowes carpet? I used in the 79, seems a little thin.
Thoughts

Used "BassBoatCarpet.com" on mine. Very pleased. Several thicknesses also.
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
  Share Topic