NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Free Skiing Downunder

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Skiing Downunder
    Posted: March-09-2018 at 12:11am
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 10:16am
Count me in as Impressed! Talented people for sure.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 10:23am
Wow a boat full of young people and not a wake or surf board in sight, What's our sport coming to! Very Cool Mark.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 12:02pm
That looks like fun!! Curious what ski's they are using? Thinking a less responsive slalom ski would be easier for that kind of shenanigans.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 5:34pm
Could be the ticket for keeping the sport alive.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 5:51pm
They look quite short and seem to to be a wide body ski with plenty of flex.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 6:24pm
Exaggerated rocker? more forward binding? Smaller fin is apparent. Could be fun.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 12:00am
I like it. and it's a good excuse for pulling a slalom skier from a tower. makes me wonder if on the crashes you have the same ankle and knee vulnerability as on a wakeboard, or are you in a better position because you're squared up instead of sideways
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 12:22am
Awesome! It does look like fun, but my knees probably wouldn't be up for it. Wish I'd have seen this 20 years ago!!
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 12:30am
Awesome vid. Awesome skiing. Not easy. Very talented skiers with racing and likely wakeboarding experience.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 1:27am
Wow—a use for my V-Drive besides pulling boarders!
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 11:22am
That looks like a great new water sport! agreed my not be the best for old guys with wore out knees, would definitely give it a try thought.   Cool vid and awesome Down under River
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 2:44pm
New sport?

Has everybody been living under a rock for the past maybe 40 years or so?

Does anybody remember Mike Murphy and his nephew Tony Klarich? They and some others were doing this stuff long ago.

It never really caught on in this country

Here's a link to a You Tube video from 1992 and it was going on for many years before that. You can find plenty of other stuff about freestyle skiing.

In the link you see an HO Freestyle Vertical Air ski that Tony is on.

I have a HO Freestyle just like that, I'll dig it out and take a picture or 2 later.

link
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 7:03pm
Yeah, I thought of Tony's videos as well.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 7:50pm
Connelly F44 Craze
O'Brien Krypton
HO Vertical Air

There was also Jobe hot dog ski, can't think of the model name.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 8:47pm
Well I took a couple of pictures but right now the site won't let me upload them.

The Vertical Air is 62 inches long, 7 3/4 inches wide in front of the front boot and tapers to 4 3/4 inches wide at the back

I got it as a blank and mounted the bindings where it seemed like they'd work good for me.

It's pretty flexible and the fin that came with it is about normal size and the bottom is a tunnel concave

I'll put the pictures on when I can.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 12:49pm
Since picture posting is working now, here are a couple pictures of the HO Vertical Air described in the previous post.

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 8:57pm
What’s all that white stuff around the ski????
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 10:20pm
That stuff that some of us actually like
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 10:24pm
Yea keep telling yourself that
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 10:26pm
How'd I know you'd be the next post here?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 10:34pm
'Cuz I just got in?

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 10:38pm
weren't you just sorta whining about the 80 degree water in another thread?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 11:18pm
Not whining just pointing out how Pete's impellers last so long because of the impact of cooler water temp's on impeller life. Although sweating while your swimming is strange
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 11:37pm
Gary, if you swim hard enough, you’ll sweat even in 75 degree water. In Ironman Competition, if the water gets above 70F, you can’t wear a wetsuit (which is a big advantage due to the buoyancy effect of the leg portion of the suit). I know, who cares, but just sayin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic