Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Non Adjustable rockers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kgodfrey3398 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgodfrey3398 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non Adjustable rockers
    Posted: March-09-2018 at 10:31pm
Hey guys,

I am restoring an ‘82 Ski Nautique with 351w and am having trouble setting my rockers. They are non adjustable rockers. My plan was to rotate crank shaft until one lifter on each cylinder is all the way down then torque the rocker bolt down. I would do this for each lifter and cylinder. This way should not require me to line up TDC with each cylinder.

Any thoughts on how to do this the proper way?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 8:10am
If you read the thread in the link you'll get some information on Ford non adjustable rockers

Depending on what was done to the engine you may or may not need shims

link
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 1:48pm
We rebuilt the 460 in my bothers Jet Boat. It runs the non adjustable rockers.
It is running perfect with lots of power but on start up one lifter would not be quiet at idle.
Not the factory approved method but I removed the noisy rocker arm and filed a couple thousands inch off the bottom of the pivot. Re installed and it has run quiet for many years now. About the same as tightening the adjuster nut an additional half turn on an adjustable rocker arm. Personally I hate the non adjustable set ups.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic