NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mold

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mold
    Posted: March-11-2018 at 12:43pm
I installed a shrink wrap door on my new to me 230 so I could play in the boat while the weather is still bad. Yesterday, going through the boat I noticed mold in a few places. Everything is out if sight, like under seats or in the engine compartment.

Should I deal with this ASAP or is this something normal that can be cleaned up in a few weeks when I take the shrink wrap off.

I'm going back to the boat today and will put some damp rid in the boat and spay anything I can get to down with a vinger solution but with the shrink wrap on, I can't get to everything today.

96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2018 at 2:40pm
Lift seat cushions up so that air can get to the mold areas. Clean them now if you can. The mold actually grows into the vinyl, so better to stop it early.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Lift seat cushions up so that air can get to the mold areas. Clean them now if you can. The mold actually grows into the vinyl, so better to stop it early.

Thanks,

I've cleaned as much as I can with the shrink wrap still on. I'm able to get to pretty much everything besides the engine hatch.

I'll leave it as is for the next week then check on the boat next week and take the wrap off as soon as the wether forecast looks clear.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic