Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Nautique Re wire

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skwatr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skwatr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish Nautique Re wire
    Posted: March-17-2018 at 4:36pm
You have that moment when you can just hook up your engine harness and splash the boat.

You dont want to cut that wad of old sticky cheap electrical tape wad off the wire harness. you really dont. You have too.

Then you spend the rest of the night looking at all the fine folks who took the time to post the pictures of their rewire jobs because your doing it now.

Im going inn. the weather is nice, don't want to do it in august in the middle of the Gulf.

What are these low temp solder crimp on connectors I read about?

I think I am getting PTSD reading jblocal's removing ALL the wood stringers and replacing with composite messages. its like looking at the black tape wad. don't look at it too long!

skwatr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skwatr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2018 at 5:05pm
skwatr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skwatr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2018 at 5:17pm
jblocal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblocal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2018 at 10:52pm
Been down that road. Every winter I usually try and tackle some big project on my boat and try wrap it up by March so I can use it. I feel I’m about 90% done. The stringers and bulkheads were a ton of work so make sure your very commited if you going to do it. I bet I have a 1000 hours or more working on it overall. Don’t know anything about low temp solder connectors. I used heat shrink anchor connectors on mine years ago and everything been trouble free.
skwatr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skwatr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2018 at 5:02pm
JB

I searched for pics of your fish.

Great Job! it looks awesome! It still keeps me up at night thinking of your stringer replacement job.

Can you shoot me some pics of your T-Top and maybe the wiring under the consul?

I hope to wrap up my wiring today..... Like you said, you better be committed, everything take longer than expected and the devil is in the details. 1 bad crimp and your chasing and "intermittent " problem for a year. Good thing its a simple basic system made when men had mustaches and were master craftsman. Not cake eaters that got the job because they have a masters degree in ancient San script African lost languages.

Ill start another thread about my prop shaft thru hull hole. looks like I am missing something?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic