NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Knee Surgery today :-(

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knee Surgery today :-(
    Posted: March-29-2018 at 12:31am
I've been water-skiing and snow skiing HARD for 30+ years. Never had a problem with my joints...until now.

I had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee to repair a torn meniscus. I'm lying in bed "recovering" instead of working on the SN trailer in my garage. On the bright side, the Doc said I'll be up and around in a day or 2. Maybe I can get some "special treatment" from Mrs. Quest. Hmmmmm......

JQ

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2018 at 12:47am
you'll be fine...had my left one scoped twice in'82 when that was fairly new. Have used it hard for all these years and it is just now giving out.

lotsa luck on the 'special treatment'

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2018 at 9:48am
Speedy Recovery!
Js
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Maybe I can get some "special treatment" from Mrs. Quest. Hmmmmm......

JQ

Now somebody will come along and say........... Pictures or it didn't happen
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2018 at 10:44am
No "special treatments" yet during my convalescence. The knee feel surprisingly good. I refuse to take any opioid drugs, so I'm on 800 mg of Advil every 8 hours. Must be working.

One ironic twist of fate...My Dad hurt is knee skiing back in the '80's. I found a nice piece of knotty wood up in the mountains by our house, and from the wood, I made a walking cane for Dad to hobble around with. Back then, arthroscopic surgery was not an option, so his surgery was much more invasive than mine. Dad died back in 2013 and Mom gave me the cane I had made for my Dad all those years ago. Now I'm using that same cane to hobble around the house with.

I think I'll just hobble around the house and do my taxes...
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2018 at 11:39am
No special treatment?? Apparently there is a second NO with a circle around it somewhere, DOH
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2018 at 1:51pm
Heal Fast and don't rush it. I had a buddy who thought he could do anything even against Doctor Orders.   Went out and tried to play tennis the night he got home from the hospital after being scoped on his knee. He paid the price in extra pain that lasted much longer than normal.
Some things take time.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2018 at 11:41pm
I'm taking it easy, but I'm constantly surprised by how good the knee feels. Very little pain. There is some pretty good stiffness in the joint but that's to be expected. The knee is swollen and is about the size of a grapefruit. The meniscus tear was causing some impingement before the surgery and certain leg movements were painful. That all seems to be gone now. Well done, Dr. Holmstrom.

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 3:06pm
My advice is do the rehab. Don't let the fact that it feels so good fool you into trying too much too early. Had mine scoped a few years ago and it felt so good I didn't rehab it and ended up tearing ACL. Just had that done this fall and been rehabbing it all winter. Its stronger than my other one now.
2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 6:56pm
Good advice. I'm taking things slow and working the the medicos (it helps that my little bro. is a physician).

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic