NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blowed it up yesterday

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 3:52am
Don't laugh about that MD 20/20, when we were young and broke we took Beer and MD 20/20 on all our Water Ski weekends. Camping on the beach and drinking that stuff at the fire. Great Memories, crappy drink for sure. Have not touched it in the last 30 years.
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 10:10am
So the boat runs fantastic but I still have less than expected power. Only turning 4300 at 45mph. I did a roll-off test and it certainly dies off at full open and regains a surge when you back off a bit indicating small jets. I have yet to check full advance but am right a spec on base timing. No pops, no surges, no backfires or misses. Just kinda stops pulling.
This is the Mercruiser Weber carb that ran perfectly on the old engine..??.
So my question to the group is:
Do the Vortec heads flow enough more air that a jetting change would be needed? It seems unlikely to me unless the carb was borderline to begin with.
I'm going to pull a metering needle and check spring color against the chart today. Im still trying to figure it all out. Thanks for the help.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic