NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any electricians in the house?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any electricians in the house?
    Posted: April-15-2018 at 1:15pm
WAY Off Topic today...
Trying to replace this thermostat-

With this one-

The wires I have are shown in the top picture, but the plugs I have on the units themselves seem to be different. Any ideas? This controls an oil furnace which definitely makes heat, and might be responsible for making cool? When I asked my girlfriend where the cool air came from in the summer she smiled and pointed to the furnace room.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 1:16pm
and somehow it looks like both pictures loaded sideways...perfect. let me try to rotate.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 1:18pm
Current-

New-

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 1:20pm
I officially give up. Anybody know what I need to do with those wires? G looks like ground, I see a Y and an R, but I'm thrown by the E/W1...there is a W on the new one, does that go there?

Thanks in advance.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 2:59pm
Adam,
First, use the "conventional" terminal ID's on the new.
The white wire will go to "W" on the new T stat. It's the 24volt out when the stat calls for heat.
The red wire will go to "R" on the new. It's the 24 volt power.
The blue wire (which is typically yellow) will go on the "Y" on the new
The wire that's on the "G" goes on the "G" on the new. BTW, it's not a ground but rather the switched power to the fan.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 3:06pm
Awesome, thanks Pete! I figured you would know the answer, your HD was just a little too far of a drive and I didn't know if you had a shift today.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

your HD was just a little too far of a drive and I didn't know if you had a shift today.

Adam,
I was actually scheduled for the late shift today but called in that I wasn't going to make it. I called at 10:00 am and was the 18 associate to call. That's the complete shift!!! The only two that did make it was the head cashier who answered the phone and the assistant manager who was out front running the snow blower. I don't think the store will see many customers today since we are getting hit with some major snow. I measured 12" this morning and the forecast is calling for the heavy snow to continue until tomorrow morning. I blew the driveway once this morning and now it doesn't even look like it was touched!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:03am
In NC now?
Tim D
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:41am
Not any more, Witness Protection Program-

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:46am
Or was it I.C.E.? either way he's outa there

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 2:07pm
Ha, seems about right. I was in NC for a year, now I'm in TN about a half hour from Lake REDACTED.

And Pete, when you gonna follow John and Gary south? it rarely snows on them...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 2:30pm
Are all these moves job changes, promotions or same position just different areas/markets????
Or is it your sweetheart driving the moves??

Holy crap this is like the “where’s Waldo” of the correct craft world
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 2:41pm
ha, this last move (which I'm still kindof in the middle of) was not job related at all, it was female related. I'm not sure if my job knows which state I'm in at this point. I keep logging in and every two weeks a check hits my bank account so I don't ask too many questions.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 3:26pm
Thats strange I heard Cousin Donald ran you out of town,something about cutting into his children's school funding?

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

And Pete, when you gonna follow John and Gary south? it rarely snows on them...

I'm sticking it out up here. It's not really bad. From Saturday morning to this morning the official snow total is 22" and it's snowing again now!!

Also, don't forget that Gary is a part time southerner. He wimps out heading south way before there's any snow in the forecast!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:17pm
Adam you have to remember that John and I spent our working careers outside. I can't speak for John but I don't care if I ever see another winter. Pete on the other hand worked inside....
Here is a fun winter story
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2018 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2018 at 12:38am
[QUOTE=Gary S] Thats strange I heard Cousin Donald ran you out of town,something about cutting into his children's school funding?

The real truth is Adam failed his North Carolina Green Card Test. To get his Ohio to NC Green Card the state ICE office asked him only one question. You do not get a second chance to get the correct answer and if you answer it wrong, you must leave the state immediately.

The test question is as follows:       Who is the President of the US?

Adam answered President Donald Trump. He was immediately removed from the state to the next closest state to Ohio which is Tennessee.

The correct answer is President Jefferson Davis.

The only reason NC even considered accepting him was his father, Jackie Dean long resident of Georgia, moved from Georgia to Ohio. This left open a spot in the south. This was considered reverse chain migration.

Donald

1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Adam you have to remember that John and I spent our working careers outside. I can't speak for John but I don't care if I ever see another winter. Pete on the other hand worked inside....

Winter....never again.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic