NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lower thermostat housing needed ‘89 pcm 351w

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WakeskateNW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeskateNW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lower thermostat housing needed ‘89 pcm 351w
    Posted: April-23-2018 at 11:23pm
Looking for a lower thermostat housing for my ‘89 SN. 351w. Please pm if you have a spare you can part with. Thanks
-Ross
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 9:26am
I don't believe that they are available anymore. I have a complete housing that I can part with. PM me if you are interested in buying both pieces.
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 10:25am
Ross,
If Scotts offer doesn't work or if anyone else's doesn't and you still have the housing, an alternate is a repair. I've had excellent results with Devcon metal epoxy putty. Way back, I used lots of it on cast iron pump housings, volutes and impellers that were eroded from cavitation. I remember one where the housing was eroded completely through.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeskateNW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 3:31pm
Was able to repair. Thanks for the responses!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by WakeskateNW WakeskateNW wrote:

Was able to repair. Thanks for the responses!

Ross,
Out of curiosity, what was wrong with it and how did you repair it?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeskateNW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 4:28pm
So while investigating a wandering temp gauge i was inspecting the thermostat and upon reassembly broke out some threads and chunks of the mating surface around one of the mount holes. Turns out the mounting bolt was broken off and much shorter than needed. I drilled out the broke off bolt and re threaded deeper. Filled the voids with liquid silicone gasket and with a new paper gasket got it to seal. There was just enough flange left around the thermostat to make it work. Upon my test run discovered I was sucking air through my raw water strainer causing the irregular temp fluctuations I was investigating in the first place!
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 4:31pm
How did you determine you were sucking air at the strainer? Air bubbles or something else?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeskateNW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 4:37pm
Ya air bubbles running through the clear housing of the flush pro. When I rotated the strainer the bubbles were gone!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic