Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bilge Blower Motor Vent Tube

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Otto Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bilge Blower Motor Vent Tube
    Posted: April-26-2018 at 8:31pm
I have a 1999 CB 196. I just replaced the blower motor and the ducting to the rear exit vent. My question is, does there need to be a ducting attached to the intake side of the blower that layers in the bilge? Any help and pictures of factory set up would be appreciated!

Thanks
Otto
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2018 at 9:11pm
My '95 had only a discharge hose, if that helps...
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2018 at 9:16pm
None of my boats have ever had an intake hose, only discharge. However, I would suppose it depends on where the blower is mounted. It needs to be located somewhere in the engine compartment, preferably about mid high to the engine to be effective. If it is mounted outside the 'doghouse' area, I would then add an intake section to get there.
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2018 at 3:21am
My '95 has a hose going to the front of the motor box.

Otto Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2018 at 5:51pm
Thank you, I put one from the front down into to bilge like yours...i like that because gas fumes are heavier than air and it gets to right where they would be hiding!!

I would assume that is the way they came!   Thank you for the picture!
Otto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic