NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake - 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2018 at 8:20am
Pete
The lake is currently 1.04' below full pond elevation. Cube Hydro who manages the intake/release of water to feed their hydro plant has put the disclaimer up that homeowners should expect extreme fluctuations and lake levels with the expectation of up to 15" of rain. As was said in the previous post this is not the first time they have been through this type of event. Two years ago following a Hurricane I saw the lake level come up over 24" in 36 hours.

I would hope that with all the rain that we had this summer most of the shoreline debris has already washed down the river and we will not see large amounts of debris.

The next few days are going to be interesting

Narrows (Badin Lake Levels)
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2018 at 10:40am
Seeing as how we've ridden out remnants of Hurricanes at just about every Badin Mini; I vote we just call it a Hurricane Party. Bring your boat and ride out the storm. If we did that then we'd surely have a sunny rainless event for the entire weekend.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2018 at 10:51am
This hydrograph tells a pretty good story.

Look how low and dry last years event was. Almost impacted Badin Fest. Last summer was crazy dry and water levels were down. We'll see what this storm does, but either way, probalby settled down in 3-4 weeks.

There are a ton of reservoir and power dams in the region and like Pete suggested, its a balancing act. You want to let out enough water to protect property in the vicinity of the reservoirs and not stress the dams, but no so much that downstream lowlands, also getting plenty of their own rain are not flooded.

DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2018 at 3:36pm
We had the flood gates open after Katrina, pretty amazing how quick the water drops.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2018 at 12:23am
Greg,

You might have to break out that trusty paddle?

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2018 at 10:40am
We're about a week away from this one. What's the status of everyone and how are the roads in and out of here Greg? Who's in for this?

TimBob & Tamara     72 Mustang AKA "Kermit"    Fri-Sun
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2018 at 11:00am
TimBob & Tamara       72 Mustang AKA "Kermit"                      Fri-Sun
David S.                         99 Sport & 72 Skier (non-running)        Fri-Mon
Jesse J.                          78 Ski Tique                                             Fri-Sun

78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2018 at 2:37pm
[QUOTE=Morfoot] We're about a week away from this one. What's the status of everyone and how are the roads in and out of here Greg? Who's in for this?

The roads are fine - and debris has exited the the lake
The lake level is showing 2.5" below full and forecasted to remain at that level
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2018 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

David S.                         99 Sport & 72 Skier (non-running)        Fri-Mon
Jesse J.                          78 Ski Tique                                             Fri-Sun
Donald                           02 Sport (Running)                                  Fri-Sun

2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
kevinfinney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfinney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2018 at 10:11pm
I don’t know the details for the “function” but I plan on coming for some of it with my “2018” 1979 Ski Tique.

Can someone pm me some info?

Kevin Finney
Safe Boating!
Kevin Finney
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2018 at 10:30pm
Here are the details Kevin
extends from sometime friday to sometime sunday
people will start dribbling in mid friday. I know some out of towners will be rolling in mid day. A friend and I maybe a little earlier friday, maybe setting up Gary's slalom course, too. Boats gather at Gregs dock. Boat parking for a few around the dock, mooring is an option. Boat ramp is within a 1/4 mile of house, Boats will then likely head to one of the multiple "ski coves" down along the eastern shore. Rafting and/or skiing through the day. Sounds like pizza friday night. If any light, maybe back out after dinner, if not, hanging around the fire pit. BYOB or cans. If you spend the night , there might be a place to crash on a floor, or your tent or whatever. Saturday. Hopefully some folks will sign up to provide breakfast. Real early birds might head our for some flat water skiing. After breakfast, a caravan or scattered departure to a cove. Back to dock mid day for donalds cookout. After that, pretty much a repeat of Friday, Pretty easy, lots of fun, good company. Bring some drinks, sign up for a meal or part of.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 4:26pm
Greg lives 100 yards from the boat ramp that we use for the event. Greg's address is as follows:

242 Aberdeen Court E.
New London, NC
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 4:28pm

Donald                           02 Sport (Running)                                  Fri-Sun
Larry                             76 Ski Tique (Hopefully running)           Variable
Don & Susan Tise        78 Ski Tique,                                              Saturday "drop by"    

Susan's 78 Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 4:33pm
Hey guys - can we drop by on Saturday to meet everyone? We just finished restoring our boat and put it in the water on Labor Day weekend.

Don & Susan Tise - '78 Ski Tique,     Saturday "drop by"
My '78 Ski Tique Family Boat
Purchased NEW in the summer of '78
Restoring it LIKE NEW for the summer of 2018!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 4:38pm
Absolutely- come on over and enjoy!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 4:40pm
what time should we arrive in-time to join the "cove" gathering? We'll bring drinks and snacks - anything else?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 5:13pm
Susan
The cove rafting time will vary widely depending on how the night before's activities went and how hard the mornings skiing went-

I hope that you take the time to stop by the house as well as the rafting which I would suspect would be around 3 pm. My cell is 704.506.5905 if you have any questions

-Greg
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 5:16pm

illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Larry                             76 Ski Tique (Hopefully running)           Variable
Don & Susan Tise        78 Ski Tique,                                              Saturday "drop by"    

Swany and Brian Flying in Friday CLT 6:41pm so willl be to Badin later leave Monday am sometime
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2018 at 10:05am
We are a maybe.... I will be there for Sat for sure. Hoping for Friday through Sunday. Shooting for Val to join. Lots of moving parts for us this weekend.

We'll be bringing the CCFan Reunion Truck Camper but no boat.... I can barely get my sorry butt there! Lookin forward to seeing my buddies and TimBob.
kevinfinney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfinney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2018 at 11:31am
I plan on being there Saturday afternoon and possibly Sunday.

Kevin Finney

79 Ski Tique
Safe Boating!
Kevin Finney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2018 at 3:00pm
Ugg!
i have just been pulled in to work all day Saturday. I am on the board for an animal rescue and they are in desperate need for help for our annual fundraising event...which I only just realized was the same day, 10/6. We unfortunately will be unable to attend!

I was truly looking forward to meeting everyone after all the help i have received from this crew! I'm sorry we can't join in the fun and hope there is another opportunity in the near future. Be sure to post pictures/videos!!

Bigbirdmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbirdmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 12:10am
I will not be able to attend as originally planned, I have to head to Savannah and possibly Orlando this upcoming weekend. Maybe at Whitelake in the spring The 79 will have a new floor, stringers, and foam. Then we will really get to see what the EX330 will do without waterlogged foam.
1979 Ski Nautique Excalibur 330 repower
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 8:33am
Originally posted by illiniball2000 illiniball2000 wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Scott & Gene               89 Bfn/Gray                                             Fri-Mon              

Swany and Brian Flying in Friday CLT 6:41pm so willl be to Badin later leave Monday am sometime
S                                                                                                                              
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Susan's 78 Tique Susan's 78 Tique wrote:

Ugg!
i have just been pulled in to work all day Saturday. I am on the board for an animal rescue and they are in desperate need for help for our annual fundraising event...which I only just realized was the same day, 10/6. We unfortunately will be unable to attend!

I was truly looking forward to meeting everyone after all the help i have received from this crew! I'm sorry we can't join in the fun and hope there is another opportunity in the near future. Be sure to post pictures/videos!!

Susan -
You get a "pass" for not attending given your conflict. I am sure with the recent hurricane that the needs are at a all time high. Hope that you reach out if your down this way in the future and stop to say hello. For what it is worth my wife (also a Susan) also volunteers with a local rescue - truly a noble cause.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 8:37am
I launched the 206 yesterday and checked the water temps on the way to the dock. The water is a mild 77.2. Given the temperatures called for this week (mid to high 80's) the temp should increase to the 80's. I am just going to leave the weather predictions there
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 10:18am
Unfortunately I am out. Make up date for a swim meet that was cancelled due to the hurricane is now this weekend. I hate to miss it.

Gary
1991 Ski Nautique
(Previous)1984 Ski Nautique 2001
DockDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DockDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 12:47pm
kevinfinney                   79 Ski Tique                                              Sat afternoon, poss Sun
Scott & Gene               89 Bfn/Gray                                             Fri-Mon       
Tyler C & wife               93 Sport                                                    Sat late morning drop-by
1993 Sport Nautique
PCM 351w, no ProTec
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 3:05pm
Jesse had a conflict come up and is hoping to make it for an afternoon so I updated the list as best I could.

David S.                         78 Ski Tique & 99 Sport                          Fri-Mon
kevinfinney                   79 Ski Tique                                              Sat afternoon, poss Sun
Tyler C & wife               93 Sport                                                    Sat late morning drop-by
Joel and Brian                                                                                 Fri-Mon
Steve (and hopefully Val)                                                              Sat or more
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2018 at 6:53pm

Susan -
You get a "pass" for not attending given your conflict. I am sure with the recent hurricane that the needs are at a all time high. Hope that you reach out if your down this way in the future and stop to say hello. For what it is worth my wife (also a Susan) also volunteers with a local rescue - truly a noble cause.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Greg !!! Yes, worthy cause and a MUST DO...but showing off my new baby Tique would have been an equally good cause!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic