NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1994skinautique - fuel pressure test

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
sandro.zaal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandro.zaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1994skinautique - fuel pressure test
    Posted: May-10-2018 at 10:03am
Hi everyone.

Planning to make a fuel pressure test on my 1994 Pro Boss. Not sure how to do it. I mean, should I check separately low pressure and high pressure pumps and what normal FPS should be. Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks..
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 6:29pm
So before Pete jumps in with the question ... why do you need to check the fuel pressure? Is there a problem with the fuel system or the engine performance?
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 7:23pm
Your low pressure pump is just a supply pump. The engine will not run with this pumps low pressure.
The high pressure pump takes your fuel from the low pressure pump and jacks up your fuel pressure to the engine , actual fuel pressure is regulated by the pressure relief valve on the fuel rail.
I don't own a fuel pressure gauge but many times I have used my air conditioning gauges to attach and read my fuel pressure. It is nice to have a long hose so you can read the gauge while driving to get real numbers.
sandro.zaal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandro.zaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2018 at 4:26am
Firstly, Thank you.
Well, the thing is, my boat has a power drops. 2 years ago, after winterizing, my ex driver added Motul Fuel System cleaner into the fuel and just after that, problems and problems..
Hardstart on cold, hard start within the skiing session - on warm engine, then one of 4 injectors died and I had to change all 4 ,because the old ones were out of production for a long time. Now, Ive changed the the injectors with its scoop and they run well (fingers cross ) BUT,! power loss is still annoying me.
As, Im the only guy in my country, who has ski nautiqes, the only way to get any kind of support is here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic