Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Performance Distributors late night ebay buy

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
outerbanked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Performance Distributors late night ebay buy
    Posted: May-15-2018 at 6:06pm

Trying to manually add the IMG links using my phone.

Can someone please tell me what should be in the gap between the cap and distributor body over the vacum advance blank plate? I spoke to performance distrubtors, and they said a screen. Since I bought this used, I feel weird when I call the tech support lines. It dawned on me after I hung up that this design has plenty of screened venting through the 4 holes in the bottom. It seems like a silicone or plastic plug would fit there and fall out
When I spoke to PD yesterday, the guy said for $45 I can send it in and they will look at it, but "try to run it first". At the time, the counter weights were stuck., and I had not noticed the gap near the cap.
24@3000 #69928 \\ gear.
Thank you.

Does this cap wear look right?
Thank you.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2018 at 8:46am
One of those little voices in my head is saying that what you have there isn't a marine distributor,

Call DUI again and give them the serial number 69928 and they can tell you what it is.

Someone with a DUI in their boat should easily be able to take a picture of the distributor with the cap and rotor off for comparison.

Another little voice says........... I hope I'm wrong and you really have a marine DUI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2018 at 5:03pm
Thank you Keno.
I would really like to see another ccfan's pic of their block plate and screen.

I emailed PD last night and included a few pics. They replied that they do not sell the replacement screen and a new distributor would take a couple weeks. Just sent another email asking about serial and what they had recorded for configuration. I am impressed that they are communicating with me.
I found this block plate which includes the
ledge

PD lock at summitt

I bet the middle hole lines up with the casting blank below, and not with the adv lock screw thread. It appears this is slid in from underneath, then bolted down. I can rock the adv mech on the thread every so slightly. I would think a screen would cover the end of the blank plate and be pinched in place when the plate is screwed down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2018 at 5:34pm
I keep picturing the black foam block below the plate as the distributor's tongue. The springs are the eyes, some imaginary thumbs stuck in its ears displaying the international "moose ears and tongue out" thuddddd.

"Haha have you learned your lesson?"

The cap has some damage too. A few wire posts are out of alignment, and one of the hold down clamps is bent out enough that it pops off.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2018 at 11:02pm
Wow hope you didn’t drop a lot of coin on that.
Any way if it was a good deal Gary would have already bought it
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2018 at 11:55pm
I'm holding out for a Ford distributor so my harness plugs right in,you trouble maker
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2018 at 12:51am

PM me Gary. Your gonna love this.

Still looking for that photo.... I have yet to find photos of a cap off marine hei.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

you trouble maker

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2018 at 3:25pm
Todd

Not exactly an overwhelming response to the request for a picture of a DUI with the cap and rotor off

Maybe you need to start a new thread titled something like "DUI distributor issues" and that'll get some attention, then all the DUI owners will click on it and maybe you'll get a good picture.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2018 at 4:12pm
I am pretty sure I have two of them in a box in the garage... you just need a rainy day and itll happen, I thought it was just a rubber shaped plug there but time will tell... they do rust up pretty quick - nothing a wire wire brush and a bunch of time couldn't fix though.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2018 at 8:18am
Just bringing this back to the top so maybe one of you DUI owners will take a picture like mentioned above, for Outerbanked to compare his to.

Besides, it would probably be a good idea to look under the cap once in a while to see if it's getting all rusted up like the one he just bought
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2018 at 12:20pm
The foam piece is normal - someday ill figure how to direct link the pictures
https://i.imgur.com/U1vm6In.jpg
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2018 at 1:05pm
Thanks Joe (and Happy Birthday too)

I put your picture here

It looks like nothing goes on top of the advance lockout plate to level things off with the distributor body from your photo unless I'm not seeing something.

It seems safe to say I was wrong and outerbanked has a marine DUI

Now we're all a little more informed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2018 at 9:42pm
Joe,
Thank you for taking the time to snap the pic.

I spoke to PD on Friday and was given clarification that is was a 2011 marine ford RR. Again they said there was a screen, and that it had to be sent in to be replaced. I stated the same location (above vacuum adv block off plate).

Thank you again correctcraftfan.com!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic