NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'81 driver's seat base question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '81 driver's seat base question
    Posted: May-19-2018 at 6:03pm
What is correct for 1981 SN helm seat base:

1). Molded into floor?
2). Separate fiberglass piece?
3). Made of plywood and carpet-covered?

Found number 3, plywood carpeted over, fastened down with 4 5/16" bolts screwed into rubber expanding well nuts .Looks original, but when boat was de-carpeted, there are several unused screw holes in a row ahead/behind seat base. Suggests previous owner may have made this ply base to adjust height. Thx
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2018 at 8:48pm
A quick refresh of my memory in the reference section shows the driver and observers seat to be the bent aluminum frames with the mounts that screw to the floor. Plywood bases and backs covered in vinyl finish the seats.

I have a set for sale if your interested. I thinks I have another set of base brackets as well.

John.
Old school goin back to school!
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2018 at 10:18pm
Thanks for the reply JDD33.
My question is in regards to the base which goes in-between the complete drivers seat and the floor. It's what the seat sliders mount to.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2018 at 11:51pm
Fiberglass base.   You can see the base in my rebuild thread because I had to do some repairs to it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2018 at 12:10am
JD must be thinking of 79 and prior.

Wisky is thinking of 83+.

80-82 used the raised base and seat slides- but they used the carpeted ply pedestal. I’d replace with the glass version if going through the trouble though... the driver seat frames are the saime 80-84.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2018 at 12:49am
Learn more every day.....

Old school goin back to school!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic