NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bimini top

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Peacock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peacock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bimini top
    Posted: May-23-2018 at 3:08pm
My 1988 2001, came with what looks like a homemade sun blocker (Bimini top). I am looking for pictures of what an original bimini top looked like. Or did the 1988's not come with one?
If they didn't come with one, what do the rest of you do for a sun blocker?
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 7:56pm
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/bview.asp?id=55#image24 is a stock photo. will see if I can get you one tonight from mine.
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 11:55pm
Here you go:

Dimensions
Height : 29
Front-Back: 52
Width : forgot to measure

The bimini was made by Adlee in Corona so they should have a template to go off of.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 12:31am
Peacock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peacock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 10:19am
Welp, that shows me that mine is some kind of aftermarket junk. Now if you look at my boat you will see that the previous owner installed a ski tower. It does get used everyday when it's in the water.
I'm a thinking the proper top framing   will not work with the ski tower. Whats your thoughts? It appears there never was a factory top, I see now hinge point mount nor clips for the straps.
Also, where could I but the correct top and frame? Or is it more along the lines of, build one?
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by dgabler dgabler wrote:

Here you go:

Dimensions

The bimini was made by Adlee in Corona so they should have a template to go off of.

Is there a reason that you have on backwards?
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 1:18pm
Actually I had not realized it was on backwards till you mentioned something. PO installed it that way, possibly to accommodate the big air pylon? Will have to flip it now I have removed the pylon.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 3:34pm
Backwards installs usually permit the Bimini to lay flat on the deck when not in use
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 4:41pm
The Pylon theory makes sense.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2018 at 12:52am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Backwards installs usually permit the Bimini to lay flat on the deck when not in use

That’s my reasoning as well. No,one else knows it’s bacerds unless they are on this site!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2018 at 12:12pm
How about mounting it to the tower? Obviously I have a different tower but you should be able to modify what I did to work for you if you want to go that route. Here is the link   Let me know if you have questions.
1999 Python Super Sport
Timr71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timr71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2018 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Mine is also on the way it is in the picture. It lays forward of the windshield when I put the boot on. That allows it to stay on the boat when it's put away at the marina. And, that's the way the install directions from tower biminis says to put it on. You could still call it backwards if you like though. :)
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2018 at 7:12pm
Didn't even realize Biminis went back that far on the smaller boats. this is all I remember from back in the day.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2018 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by mark c mark c wrote:

Didn't even realize Biminis went back that far on the smaller boats. this is all I remember from back in the day.

More appropriately called a "convertible top" rather than a "bimini". Yes, pretty popular before the advent of the bimini.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2018 at 9:14pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
RichK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 1:54am
I think Adlee is gone, no? My 95 has an Adlee.
RichK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 1:57am
Originally posted by dgabler dgabler wrote:

Here you go:

Dimensions

I think Adlee is no longer, correct? My 95 SNOB has an Adlee as well.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 2:23am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

More appropriately called a "convertible top" rather than a "bimini". Yes, pretty popular before the advent of the bimini.

I thought they were called Navy tops. I'll be disappointed if Ken does not know
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 9:18am
Sometimes you just get disappointed Gary

Way back, we had a boat with one of those tops and it had zippered side windows and a back enclosure but I seem to think we called it the "top"

Oh and I spent some time in the Navy too
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic