Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No lights to instrument cluster

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No lights to instrument cluster
    Posted: May-24-2018 at 1:22am
Have another issue, but wanted to keep things separate and organized. I have a 2000 Air/sport nautique w/ the start keypad and instrument cluster. When using nav lights to display the console, everything lights up BUT the instrument cluster (includes the nav light switch, bilge, etc).

I should have a green light next to each button activated ( I don't) and It should light up red when nav lights enabled (it doesn't). I checked the fuses, but i have no idea how that stupid thing works. Each fuse is like a rubber clear bubble?????The F? I have no idea how to reset those things or how do i know if one is even triggered. One of the rubber boot bubbles is ripped FYI.

I just had the dash apart today to swap perfect pass gauges. Urks me i forgot to look into it at that time. I had this problem last year before anyone points the finger at my doing :P

One more n00b question. After you enter the code to unlock the console allowing you to start the boat. What do I do if i want to lock out the console again??? I know it disables after a time expiration, but i'd rather not wait that long in some scenarios. I see no button on the console that represents this. Don't remember reading it in the manual either...
shouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 11:43am
Boing. I guess I'm going pull the dash again and cross my fingers that something is unplugged.

From reading i'm getting the impression there should only be 3-4 wires going to that cluster, and everything is actually driven using the control box. Makes me wonder if one of those wires is even for 'lighting'.
skier88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skier88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2018 at 12:04am
Enter your code then hit stop to put it back in locked mode.
2006 Ski Nautique 196
1988 Malibu Skier
1988 Ski Nautique 2001(Family boat)
shouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2018 at 12:47am
Ah. Thanks for that information.

I pulled the dash again and found 4 wires with a connector going to the instrument panel. Also found the same style 4 wires going to the keypad panel. Keypad panel gets lighting, but not the instrument. Does anyone have any wiring schematics on this? If not I'm going to have to try and reverse engineer it through the working panel.
Thanks
85jws View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85jws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2021 at 12:31pm
What was the solution to your instrument panel not illuminating? I have the same issue. Mine works but does not illuminate so can't easily see if something is on or off. 
Jay
Current 2000 Air Nautique

Old 1985 Ski Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2021 at 4:33pm
Assuming this is for your 85 Ski Nautique from your signature line, his solution on a 2000 AirNautique may have been different than yours will be.

Here's a link to a 1985 SN wiring diagram, if it's something different, you'll have to say what it is Wink

You'll see a blue wire going from the nav light switch to each instrument that has a light and also a black wire from each of those instruments to ground.

I'd follow the blue wire making sure it's not broken anywhere and do the same with the black wire.

I'd also check the nav light switch switch to see that there is about 12 volts at the terminal with the blue wire attached when the nav lights are on.

Is it safe to assume that your nav lights work?

I'd probably also check to make sure you don't have a bunch of burned out bulbs
85jws View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85jws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2021 at 5:08pm
Sorry Keno, I need to update my profile, but I sold my 85 Nautique and now have a 2000 Air Nautique. Sorry for any confusion. I will update. 

My keypad works on the dash pod, but just does not illuminate. 
Jay
Current 2000 Air Nautique

Old 1985 Ski Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2021 at 5:47pm
Well no wonder you tacked onto this thread Wink

As far as illumination on your keypad, in the words of Sgt. Schultz "I know nothing", maybe some help will come along
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic