NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Pics of PVC

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Pics of PVC
    Posted: May-28-2018 at 2:52pm
Need pics(I saw somewhere) of the PVC setup/replacement pipes up front of boat for venting and cables'
Thanks
JT
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 4:25pm
Look on the first page of this thread , it has some pictures.
'92 Sport Nautique
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 7:05pm
Thanks.
Have another question. Is it necessary to put that big airbox back in the floor?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 7:19pm
Define necessary.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Define necessary.

Is it needed? Do I have to? Does the boat need it?
Watauga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 9:08pm
1980 Rebuild
Diary
Signpainter, Disaster Responder, Longline Barefooter
Watauga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 9:14pm
1980 Rebuild
Diary
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by jterr jterr wrote:

Define necessary.

Is it needed? Do I have to? Does the boat need it?

Necessary or not, the "air box" provided a means of terminating/holding the ventilation hose, conduit for the wiring/cables, a support for the kick and then a spot for extra flotation foam.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2018 at 5:10pm
my set up is a bit easier, i think i sent it to you a while back.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2018 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by shierh shierh wrote:

my set up is a bit easier, i think i sent it to you a while back.

I'll try and track it down in this maze on my PC
Thanks
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2018 at 12:59pm

Define necessary.

^Geez Louise!

The "box" or the large storage-killer is not necessary. It is/was a simple way to encase the vent and control tubes, as well as provide a footrest.
There are several other ways to do this without eating up half the under-bow area.
Be imaginative.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2018 at 1:18pm
I did not replace the "box"
i ran 3 3" vent hoses forward and tied off the o lifting ring mound and ran under the floor back to a forward bulkhead where i attached them to the thin wall pvc pipes that passed on each side of the battery box to a rear bulkhead.   I made forward floor removable. the cables , wires, and bilge pump discharge hose are outboard side and fit through a notch in the removable deck piece.    I found a heavier vent hose material than the cheep stuff that is typically available.   
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2018 at 2:13pm
Sounds like a great solution.
Will be doing something similar next winter during stringer job.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
StuW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2018 at 1:38pm
For those of us who may not need the under bow storage, is there any reason a single, larger pvc pipe couldn't be used in place of 3 or more smaller pipes? Is there a coast guard requirement or something? My thought was to use a 6" pvc pipe straight down from the bow scoop to a 90 degree elbow and then back to the front bulkhead, no air box. Has anyone else contemplated a similar method?
1982 Barefoot Nautique
PCM 454
Watauga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2018 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by StuW StuW wrote:

For those of us who may not need the under bow storage, is there any reason a single, larger pvc pipe couldn't be used in place of 3 or more smaller pipes? Is there a coast guard requirement or something? My thought was to use a 6" pvc pipe straight down from the bow scoop to a 90 degree elbow and then back to the front bulkhead, no air box. Has anyone else contemplated a similar method?

If you decided to go that route I assume you would need to fabricate a plenum/collector of some kind that would adapt the scoop to the 6" pipe. Other issues that may make it hard to accomplish might be finding the room in the front bulkhead for the 6" pipe, and to navigate around the battery box. I believe that CC did it the way they did because of the space problem, i.e., easier to place three smaller pipes around the battery box rather one larger one. The picture above is from my boat and it took some manipulating to fit all of the elements in there. Three of the pipes are for air, one for battery cables, another for steering and control cables and the final one for the battery box drain.

1980 Rebuild
Diary
Snorman14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snorman14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2018 at 9:48pm
I just put some in a 1981 for air vent and battery cable I removed the battery box
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Snorman14 Snorman14 wrote:

I just put some in a 1981 for air vent and battery cable I removed the battery box

Where did you go with the battery????
Snorman14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snorman14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2018 at 12:17am
In the process of mounting it on the floor of the bow so I don’t need a special battery to fit in that floor box
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2018 at 12:13pm
Wonder if swimming pool tubing would work for the air ??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2018 at 12:41pm

John,
What is "swimming pool" tubing?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2018 at 3:32pm
The long hose that you use to clean pool.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John,
What is "swimming pool" tubing?

The long hose that you use to clean pool.

John,
I feel the PVC that most use is really the way to go since it provides a nice rigid and smooth inside surface. Duane used Scd, 35 (sewer and drain) that's available at any home improvement store. which is lighter weight than the typical Scd 40.

If you really want to use flex, maybe finding a duct hose would be better than something designed for water and heavy for suction service.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic