NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Split Hose from Raw Water Pump to Thermostat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dkimball View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkimball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split Hose from Raw Water Pump to Thermostat
    Posted: June-11-2018 at 2:09pm
We were doing some footing on Saturday (long line and Boom) when on the last run of the day I was coming around the corner in my 2003 Nautique 216 when I noticed the change in exhaust noise. The kind of change that happens when it is being starved for water. Slowed to an idle and saw the temp gauge start to climb, popped to engine box to see water sprayed all over and standing pretty deep in the bilge. Then noticed the 3" split shown in the picture. Of course it is a formed hose and the local marina's didn't stock it. The good news is I was able to find a hose at Farm and Fleet that would work just fine while still providing the clearance as the formed hose. It did take some time getting the system to finally start drawing water again (ended up removing every fitting of the raw water system and blowing it out) but I think part of my reason was I was just letting it idle to prime it self which wasn't drawing any water, once I actually gave it some throttle it started drawing right away. I did order a new formed hose to have as a back up but the hose we put on seems to be doing the trick. Any reason to believe I should swap it out and put the formed hose on when it shows up?
Kimball
dkimball View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkimball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2018 at 2:12pm
Sorry forgot pictures
Kimball
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2018 at 4:11pm
Most likely just a faulty hose.

Indmar MCX had a recall on the outlet host of the RWP. Most of the hoses on both sides of the system are wire reinforced. However, molded hoses like this one are not.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by dkimball dkimball wrote:

. I did order a new formed hose to have as a back up but the hose we put on seems to be doing the trick. Any reason to believe I should swap it out and put the formed hose on when it shows up?

I can't think of any good reason to change it again.

I can't even think up a bad reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic