NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My best friend

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My best friend
    Posted: June-14-2018 at 12:14pm
Today I buried my best friend, she was loved by everyone who met her.
She hated the water (couldn’t swim to much fur) she hated being in the boat because it was always hot and in the sun (which she hated) but would not be left behind as she always wanted to be with us. She would endure great discomfort and torture just to be with us, “her family”.
She had some health issues through her life, a liver issue, cancer, blindness and bloat. She was such a fighter but at 11 1/2 she couldn’t fight anymore, she passed this morning 05:55 beside our bed where she slept every night.
There will forever be an empty place in our boat, my truck and our hearts for my best friend Blizzard.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 12:37pm
Sorry to hear that Paul, losing a family member is tough
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 12:42pm
What a fluff ball, sounds like she was a good sport! Sorry to hear this Paul, it’s really hard to lose a member of the family.
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 12:49pm
Paul,

Sorry about your loss. You met my dog Yanni a few years ago, and he's off to the vet for the last time tomorrow morning. I hope it gets easier with time,
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 1:08pm
Oh that is terrible Paul. My heart goes out to you. Dogs are family. This is gonna hurt for a while.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 1:11pm
Sorry to hear that, Paul. Dogs are a great addition to a family and worth every bit of pain you have when you lose them. Our prior dog Riley used to lay across Tom's back, sort of opposite of they way Blizzard and your daughter are in that photo.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 1:17pm
Well that explains his stunted growth.

Sorry Paul. That sure is a lot of fur, you'll be finding that around for a long time.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 1:25pm
Always sad. They become one of the family.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 3:10pm
Love the Pictures Paul and it's obvious that Blizzard wasn't just a dog but a member of the family as most 4 legged CCFan dogs are. So sorry for your loss. Gonna be a tough one for sure but you've got tons of great memories and the pictures to back it up as time passes.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 3:41pm
So sorry for your family’s loss
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 3:53pm
So sorry for your loss. Always tough to lose a pet. Sometimes I think it's harder than losing people due to the short time we have with them.

Looks like she had a good life.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 4:55pm
Paul sorry to you and the family for the loss, last time I saw that dog she was soaked and stained with red clay but still a sweet and happy dog.   Hope to get a chance to catch up with you and the family this summer season.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 5:24pm
Hate to read of this - never an easy thing. The memories was last a lifetime as will the passwords that often follow a family member.......
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 5:52pm
Very tough to lose a good dog I am sorry for your loss, great pictures though! We lost our Chesapeake Bay Retriever this past December, he almost made it to 18 years old, for a 90 lb dog that is very old.
You are correct, they are part of the family and it is amazing what they will do to stay close to you.
I always have projects I am working on at home. This dang dog figured out years ago that if I had something in both hands I was defenseless and he would move in and start licking my face.   Cute but annoying when he did it every single time if you had both hands full.
Dogs are special for sure and there is very good reason they are Man's best friend.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 9:05pm
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 9:21am
Sorry Paul. Cherish the memories. Nice pictures.
Js
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 10:50am
Sorry to hear buddy.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 10:55am
My condolences.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 1:47pm
Sorry Paul
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2018 at 2:28am
My condolences Paul. I lost my dog 5 years ago and it was tough. And yes Scott it does get better w time but they will always be missed. Not sure what was ailing Yanni, but I am sure you did what was best. I had comfort that when we put tique down, it was the best for her. Hope you are doing ok after a tough day.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 11:22am
Condolences. Loosing a good dog is very difficult. I've got an 11 year old border collie that likely only has a couple of years left. We are already bracing ourselves for his passing.

:-(
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 10:20am
Thank you all, for all the kind words and condolences I cant believe how heart wrenching this was.
My last dog had to be put down while I was deployed, while it was hard not being there I had other priorities to keep me busy and keep my mind off what was going on at home.
Being here and being reminded of her all the time is extremely tough. We've slowly been putting her things away (toys, bowls, beds) and each thing I put away brings back wonderful memories. She was like having another child (except listened to me) she was always with us.

Scott so sorry about Yanni I can honestly say I feel your grief

Thanks again everyone.       
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2018 at 12:51am
Paul,

I fully understand what you and your family are going through. I lost my Lab, Godiva (12 years old) January 15 TH. Dog's provide unconditional love and their passing leaves a big hole in your hearth. The toughest part for us was how quiet the house became after her passing. Blizzard, you and your entire family are in my prayers.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2018 at 1:34am
So sad Paul....it is just a huge loss. They are such loyal..loving companions.

Thanx Levy....for posting the Rainbow bridge again. I know that Jo the Tennessee wonder dog will be waiting when I cross over. Lump in throat and tears in eyes every time I read that.

It will take awhile Paul but you will be picked again by a dog that will capture your hearts and fill out your lives. It took awhile for Ms Patti & I but one day a lady walked by the end of our drive with a dog she was watching...a rescue dog that needed a home. Thank goodness Jordy picked us.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 12:49pm
Thanks Donald and JBear it is heart wrenching and i tear up every time i come to this post to read all of the members thoughtful posts.
We are down at the lake now at the place we stay and had to tell the front desk person that our dog is not accompanying us this year. Almost impossible to check-in as i was teared up with that lump in my throat.
So I’m going to end this with a picture i found while looking for pic’s of the ‘95.
It was taken at her prime during her favorite time of year “winter”

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic