NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pulls Behind a G25

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pulls Behind a G25
    Posted: June-18-2018 at 2:10pm
I recently spent a week at Lake Powell (Utah) and one of the boats in our flotilla was a new G25. This was my first experience in and behind one of these beasts. It's a BIG boat. Normally my on-the-water time is spend on a slalom ski and occasionally on a wakeboard. I finally had the chance to get a couple of pulls behind a big surfing / wakeboard machine.

For boarding, the wakes were frighteningly large. I'm accustomed to my 1994 Ski with an extended pylon, so a big, defined,rampy boarding wake was a new experience. After getting launched several times, I decided to quit before hurting myself.

Surfing was a new experience. I've "long-boarded" in the Pacific many times (my wife is fro San Diego), but surfing behind a boat was pretty cool. That says a lot coming from a die-hard slalom guy...

Some impressions:
- G25 burns a LOT OF FUEL
- Makes my Ski look like a Hobbit boat
- Top speed is low to mid 30's (5,200 rpm)
- Don't try to ski behind it
- Could use a bow thruster

I don't plan on upgrading any time soon. (I'll save my $200K)

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 2:47pm
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 11:22am
Saw a picture the other day of some young (and lightweights......) footing behind a G. Can’t recall the model
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic