Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The hunts on

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 12:09pm
That looks like a sweet boat. Really like those colors.
1989 Ski Nautique 2001
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

We have a 2000 that we leave the bow center cushion in almost 24/7 for the kids. The bow isn't really deep enough anyway for leg room, not to mention that large so I wouldn't rule out a playpen either...

If we had a comparable V-drive on the line we'd sell you ours

Mine is going up for sale. 2001 Super Air. Photos in the diary.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

We have a 2000 that we leave the bow center cushion in almost 24/7 for the kids. The bow isn't really deep enough anyway for leg room, not to mention that large so I wouldn't rule out a playpen either...

If we had a comparable V-drive on the line we'd sell you ours

Mine is going up for sale. 2001 Super Air. Photos in the diary.

Love yours. Beautiful boat. I'll keep an eye out for when you officially list it. Thanks!

BKH
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 11:34pm
Like that '98....and I know my brother loves his. Skied it quite a bit. It will do everything you want it to.

Sure wish I was in the market...that '95 is sweet Paul.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 5:40pm
I’m thinking of selling my 2000 Sport.    GT 40, tower, ballast tanks, tandem axel trailer, etc. let me know if you are interested. It’s on Mousam lake in Shapleigh, ME if you want to google map the distance. I told the boat storage people if I were to sell it would be $16,500.
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 12:27pm
This one should have some room for negotiation because it needs vinyl. Also don't love the tower, but that's a personal preference, I guess.

'99 Sport

edit: fixed the link
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 1:40pm
Hard pass on that
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 1:56pm
I'll say. 4 seat bottom cushions and the storage box cover, and you're good to go. Nice low-hour upstate NY boat. Oh, and the tower comes off Stepper
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2018 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Hard pass on that

Stepper I did see that one, not looking for a project have to many as is. Thanks for looking though.
I have to go along with Hollywood on this one.
X3
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2018 at 1:11am
How about that one Tim sent
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2018 at 11:25am
I really liked the interior but a little to much gray on the outside for me, besides I already have a gray boat my ‘85’s gray
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2018 at 11:29am
Could be the start of Team Gray
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 1:20pm
Several Sports have been popping up with factory ballast.
I looked at the brochure and can see where the water enters but how do they fill and then how do they empty. Pumps???
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 3:08pm
Mine was already removed when I got the boat, but I went on a test drive on a '99 Sport with ballast. It fills by opening a fill valve and driving slowly forward. It empties by gravity, I think slightly faster if you are moving forward. My sense is that most people have removed the factory ballast as it's only 50 gallons=400 lbs. I like having the trunk space with it removed, and have used a pair of 400 lb. ballast bags on each side of the doghouse when wakeboarding. Maybe it would be nice to have in addition to ballast beside the motor, I'm not sure what would work best.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 3:55pm
Thanks David
I'm guessing they're not hard to remove, I think I would want the extra space right now and add sack's and reinstall them if I want later.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 4:04pm
The hard tanks are a huge waste of space. You'll have to trim out some of the trunk after taking them out but it's easy.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 4:26pm
The ballast on the early boats was not that great. There is a pump, but they are kind of slow. The biggest issue is that the water comes in and out through the same spot at the bottom of boat/tank. I think it was 2002, or 2003 when they installed separate intake and expunge pumps with the water going out the side like a bildge pump.

The ballast does work, just not great.

Most people who really want to weight the boat down have removed the tanks and use bags. The factory ballast is not very heavy, and takes up a lot of space when using, or not. I've got a couple of friends who never used the ballast anyway, so they just removed for more storage space.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 4:48pm
My '99 had the pump-style system. Exit ports were starboard side, aft.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 9:29pm
Paul with the tanks removed the rear locker is huge as the fuel tank is under and behind the rear seat. You can even get clear access to the rudder from the rear locker. No point in saving those tanks just get the sawzall out. (weird US name reciprocating saw down under )
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

just get the sawzall out. (weird US name reciprocating saw down under )

Mark,
I think you Aussies do have one up on our Sawsalls. How about the chain saw with a 253 Holden V8??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 11:36pm
Isn't using the term sawsall much like calling a tissue a Kleenex? It's a brand name that has come to mean the item. Mark does the term napkin still mean to you something other than a cloth or paper used to wipe your hands or face while eating?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 11:56pm

Gary did you mean the ones you carry in your tool box?
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

No point in saving those tanks just get the sawzall out. (weird US name reciprocating saw down under )

Name difference because they reciprocate in the opposite direction down under.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 12:55am
I have no idea what he carries in his tool box now days nor do I even want to know........
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 10:00am
Ok back on track here.
Can they be removed without destroying them so they could be reinstalled later when Pete wants to buy it, since it would have to be original!!!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 12:06pm
Normally, unless ordered differently, the Sports do not have the factory hard tanks. The Air Nautiques do have the factory hard tanks. Some Air Nautiques have a small belly tank for trick skiing. Some boats were ordered with different decals ( Air , Not Air) as per the owners preface.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 12:19pm
Yes the tanks can come out in 1 piece. They do not need to be destroyed.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Yes the tanks can come out in 1 piece. They do not need to be destroyed.

Agreed. But many do not have the patience, so they cut them out.

Sounds like a great idea. But, I've never heard of anyone putting the orginal tanks back in.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2018 at 12:56am
Not a lot of pictures but the price seems pretty for a 206.

[https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/d/2004-air-nautique-206-limited/6636440316.html]ski nautique 206[/URL]

Sorry I think the price is adjusted because it doesn't have a trailer.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2018 at 1:11am
20 G’s and no trailer is above my price range
Thanks though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic