NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The hunts on

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2018 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Wisky Badger Wisky Badger wrote:

For your consideration if you are still looking.

sport nautique

I would also be interested by those who are more knowledgable to know what a fair price for a boat like this is considering it needs a couple of new skins.

Hey Wiskey, that's a nice low-hour northern boat (as usual). Looks super nice. Those skin tears at the seams are easily restitched by someone that works with vinyl, so not expensive at all, and absolutely no need to replace the skin.

As far as price, price seems fair, as it has a good trailer, I'd expect it to close to asks, depending on the seller's motivation. I had the same boat, and it's a great all-around family ski boat. You would not be disappointed. This boat looks to be well cared for.

My 2 cents..

Ultra
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2018 at 1:13am
That vinyl is a little beyond restitching,you can see cracking of it 90 degrees to the stitching both on the seat bottom and the rear deck. It does seem like a nice one though other than the tower and it gives you something to bargain with.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
spaddyskis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spaddyskis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2018 at 3:35pm
I have a 99 Sport Nautique that I have been considering selling. Let me know if you want more info.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by spaddyskis spaddyskis wrote:

I have a 99 Sport Nautique that I have been considering selling. Let me know if you want more info.

Shoot me a PM with some info. Now that the Sig is gone I have some room in the stable and I’m going to look at one this week hopefully.
The ‘02 in Traverse City never got back to me on my inquiries.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by spaddyskis spaddyskis wrote:

Same goes for me Spaddy..shoot me an email (markjsemon@gmail.com) with some specs and pics when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Ultra
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2018 at 10:07pm
Thoughts on Excalibur verses GT-40 ???
I am a Ford guy and know my way around a GT-40 where I know nothing about the Chevy’s
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2018 at 11:04pm
Excalibur is a great motor. 2002 was a transition year from the GT-40 to the Excalibur.My 2002 got a GT 40. The 2002 Excalibur models had a difficult to change water pump impeller arrangement. A real knuckle buster. You can get it done but I heard you need a pint of blood when done. PCM fixed the issue for the 2003 Excalibur engines. I also hear that all years go through distributor caps faster than the Fords. The PCM caps are more costly when compare to the NAPA automotive that also work well. There is nothing marine about the PCM distributor cap. Other wise it is a great engine.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2018 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Thoughts on Excalibur verses GT-40 ???
I am a Ford guy and know my way around a GT-40 where I know nothing about the Chevy’s

If you asked me which engine I'd prefer, I'd say GT-40. I just like the way a GT-40 runs, how it accelerates out of the hole, etc. Excal is outstanding, nothing wrong with it, just a personal preference.

Keep in mind the issue of not many GT-40 ECM's being around at this point. There are work-arounds that have been developed, but it's worth noting.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 6:25pm
Low hour 2000 Sport Nautique if you like purple

Purple and White Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 6:30pm
I remember seeing this one on craigslist last summer also.

Might be a good project or it might have to many unknowns.

1999 Sport Nautique

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 6:45pm

Low hour 2000 Sport Nautique if you like purple

Purple and White Sport Nautique

Not a good choice for someone in the witness protection program. Hard to blend in with that boat!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 7:09pm
That is a great boat with some bad colors in my opinion.   I would haul that thing to Minnesota for a Vikings fans to buy.

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 10:42pm
Maybe Prince was the original owner?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 11:52pm

That is a great boat with some bad colors in my opinion.   I would haul that thing to Minnesota for a Vikings fans to buy.

So it is a main stripe of purple with a seconddary stripe of pink? Mine is all white with the main stripe being purple. Everyone comments on how pretty it is. My a$@5;&’@&8$ neighbor has a neutral hull with a navy main stripe and a zephyr sendondary strip. Boring and forgettable. I’ll take the complements from the ladies. Just saying.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2018 at 12:41am
Didn't I read that the early 2000's Nautiques were now having some problems with their keyless ignition control pads?
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2018 at 1:06am
You are correct. Mine would not start at the boat ramp after starting two days earlier with no issues, I replace both pads, left and right. It started right up. Replace both for the sole reason of supply and demand of parts. Kept the old parts. Got some talented friends that have sodering irons
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2018 at 10:48pm
Hey Gun, your ‘99 Sport is on Greensboro, NC CL. You better go get it or I might.

Ultra
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2018 at 10:11pm
Saw that one. Go get her, the interior is to rough for me.
He's pretty proud of that one to say the interior has been taken into account with the price, he doesn't account for the wet sand and buff she needs though.

I guess if you consider the tower duel batteries and stereo he's not way over inflated. I'm not seeing a custom cover though, unless the four cuts for the tower makes it custom
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2018 at 12:38pm
Starting the same search you are on.

Are you considering Airs as well? From the quick research I've done here it appears they are the same as the Sport. Pricing appears to be about the same as well.

Here's one I was thinking about calling on.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/2001-air-natique/6667590031.html
Sold - 1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
Current - 1996 - MC Prostar 205
I keep doing this wrong.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2018 at 1:34pm
Fixed link.

139 hours in 17 years!
Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2018 at 1:49pm
That does sound nice not sure why its priced the way it is.
To bad it's clear across the country from me or I would have to take a peek at that.
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2018 at 2:30pm
I'm seeing the direct drive Airs priced from mid teens to low 20s. About the same as the Sports.

If I had my preference I'd get a Sport with no tower, no ballast, etc. I love the clean look.

Wife and son would like a tower. Kid is only 8, so either he or his friends will likely wake board at some point. Wife like the how the bimini attaches on the tower, extra storage, etc.   I will say the factory tower on the Airs looks pretty good for a tower.

Just left a v/m for the 2001 Air seller. Will post what I find out.
I keep doing this wrong.
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2018 at 3:35pm
Heard from the seller. He's the second owner. Bought it in 2010 from one of the Weyerhaeuser brothers. Apparently he works for the company and got a deal on the boat. Had 60 hours when he got it. Paper trail of annual service records supports the hours. Did have salt water use with the original owner. Apparently it split time between their home on gig harbor and lake house.

He sent some additional photos. It looks clean. Has the 5.7 Apex instead of GT40.

I keep doing this wrong.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2018 at 3:56pm
I bought my previous ‘99 Sport from this site, with not much more time. Didn’t even look at it other than detailed pics and supporting docs. I’d go for this in a sec if it was closer.

Ultra
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2018 at 5:30pm
If I found one from a trusted forum member I would do the same thing.

The '01 I posted is from CL, don't have the same trust there...

Here's a pic of the engine from the 2001 Air.

I keep doing this wrong.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2018 at 10:59am
All true poorhouse. First Sport I’ve seen that didn’t have the GT-40.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2018 at 1:37am
Sport and Air are the same. Was in the same situation while searching and ended up with an Air. Promptly removed the gen 1 tower and hard tanks.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2018 at 1:49am
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

All true poorhouse. First Sport I’ve seen that didn’t have the GT-40.

2002 was a transition year from the GT40 to the GM Motors. The first year Apex GM had a tough to change impeller set up. 2003 PCM fixed it on the GM motor. Or so I am told. Supposedly, the GT 40's stopped production in 99 so my 2002 motor was in PCM's warehouse or Correct Craft's warehouse until 2002.

This aging adds 50 HP.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2018 at 4:22pm
I know, not the year you want, but if he comes off the price this boat is pristine.

97 Sport
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2018 at 7:19pm
Poorhouse - do you have any photos of the gauges on that 2001? I'd be pretty skeptical about the 139 hours. Particularly since about 99.9% of the orginal gauges failed. Most have been replaced. It appears that is a Chevy Motor, so you should be able to hook the boat up to the computer and determine the true hours. Can't do so with the Ford.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic