Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water in engine oil

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
starbox189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbox189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water in engine oil
    Posted: June-20-2018 at 8:55am
I just discovered water in the engine oil. It looks like light colored chocolate milk. Don't know whether it just happened or if it has been run for a while like that. It's a 1991 Ford 351 that is otherwise in mint condition and runs perfectly. I doubt it's a cracked block or damaged head gasket. I just discovered that the sump pump was disconnected and water was in the hull up past the oil pan so it could have gotten that way.

What can I do to correct this? Can I simply drain the oil and replace it a couple of times with new oil or does this mean a comp!ete engine teardown?

Thanks for your consideration.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2018 at 9:19am
Well if you think you know how it got in, then do an oil change.

It may take a few oil changes to clear things up or you may find it's getting worse in which case you would have to figure you have other problems
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2018 at 8:43pm
You may want to check your transmission fluid also. If the water was high enough to enter the engine, the transmission may also have ingested some water.

Like KENO mentioned, a few oil changes should work. I would consider 3 oil changes to get all the water out. You don't need premium filters or synthetic oil on the first couple of changes -- just on the last one...

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic